Windows 10: Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ?

Discus and support Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I Have a pc and a laptop , both are with the same microsoft account . I transfer the licence from the pc to laptop but nowboth are activated with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohamed Magdy5, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ?

I Have a pc and a laptop , both are with the same microsoft account . I transfer the licence from the pc to laptop but nowboth are activated with digital licence linked to my microsoft account and I don't know how.i want to remove activition from my pc and I tried many steps and reinstall windows but still two devices are activated with the same digital licence linked to my microsoft .

:)

Mohamed Magdy5, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Superfly Win User

windows 10 activation - licence will expire soon

There are two new entries in the Diagnostic report.

1. Activation Scenario Code:

2. ProductKey Code:

Both are blank on my PC.

My guess is 1. above relates to this VAMT Step-by-Step Scenarios (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs - if so non-volume users won't be affected.

No idea about 2. - there are more than enougn PK entries already!... was hoping some more digital licencing stuff would come up.

Gonna have to do some more digging and testing,,,

Superfly, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 29, 2023
  4. Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ?

How to activate Windows 10 licence? Is there a way to transfer the licence?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows by phone by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Also, refer the post by Rohit Siddegowda from the link provided below:

Redirecting

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ?

1. Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ? - Similar Threads - Does sense devices

2. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  3. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  4. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  5. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

6. Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does it make sense to have two devices activated with the same licence ?: I Have a pc and a laptop , both are with the same microsoft account . I transfer the licence from the pc to laptop but nowboth are activated with digital licence linked to my microsoft account and I don't know how.i want to remove activition from my pc and I tried many steps...
  7. Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?: I built my current PC about 10 years ago. It's always worked well but is now showing it's age and slowing down. I have Win7 and love it but I know it's not a great idea to keep using it with discontinued MS support. I'm building a new one in the next 6ish months but I'm...
  8. Digital licence swap between two devices?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence swap between two devices?: Hello! I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer runs the Pro version and on my laptop that I mostly use in a different city, where my University is, since my desktop...
  9. Licence will expire, but I have it activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licence will expire, but I have it activated: Hello Microsoft; I recently got this message stating that my Windows 10 Pro licence will expire soon, but I have it activated using an activation service. I had to backup everything, and update my computer to the current build, in order to prepare for this. Because I'm...
  10. A fix that does not make sense

A fix that does not make sense: My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the configuration process before it opens. It seems as there are a few different ways to fix it. One way was to go to Control Panel...