Windows 10: Does laptop act like a monitor?

Discus and support Does laptop act like a monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to connect my xbox to laptop with HDMI but my laptop didn’t show anything, anything can do my laptop make like a monitor?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yousif Sherwan, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Does laptop act like a monitor?

I want to connect my xbox to laptop with HDMI but my laptop didn’t show anything, anything can do my laptop make like a monitor?

:)

Yousif Sherwan, Feb 5, 2020
  2. padawan Win User

I want one of my monitors act like the laptop monitor

I have connected two monitors to my laptop:

Does laptop act like a monitor? Vd9vA.png

Monitor 1: Laptop monitor.

Monitor 2: External monitor connected through VGA port.

Monitor 3: External monitor connected through HDMI port.

I want to completely disable my laptop monitor, and let Monitor 2 act like the built-in display. So, when I switch between "Second screen only" and "Extend" options, I get either Monitors 2 and 3 both, or only Monitor 3.

I am able to disable my laptop monitor by selecting "disconnect this display"

Does laptop act like a monitor? KotH2.png

However, now, I cannot use "Extend" and "Second screen only" options properly. When I select "Second screen only," the display is extended to Monitors 2 and 3.
    When I select "PC screen only," it enables Monitor 1, and disables Monitors 2 and 3.

Does laptop act like a monitor? Q19L2.png

What I want is, "Extend" should show extended display to Monitors 2 and 3, and "Second screen only" should show only Monitor 3.

This way, I will not go to settings and disable Monitor 2 whenever I want to use only Monitor 3.

To sum up, I would like to have only two displays.

Second screen only: Only Monitor 2.

Extended display: Monitors 2 and 3.

Is there any way to do it?

padawan, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Does laptop act like a monitor?

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Does laptop act like a monitor?

1. Does laptop act like a monitor? - Similar Threads - Does laptop act

2. Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.: This all is happening on a Dell Inspirion 5502, windows 10, BIOS Version 1.28.0, 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB OM3PDP3-AD NVMe KDI drive, let me know if you need anything more specific, don't know what is important here hardware-wise. I was sent...
  3. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  4. Windows 11 laptop acts like there's no touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop acts like there's no touchpad: Hi, I have Windows 11 on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3. Yesterday I updated my drivers through CCleaner and installed the newest update of Windows 11. From that point on, my touchpad isn't working, even the cursor isn't there. Here's what I've tried so far:- rolling back...
  5. Windows 11 laptop acts like there's no touchpad

Windows 11 laptop acts like there's no touchpad: Hi, I have Windows 11 on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3. Yesterday I updated my drivers through CCleaner and installed the newest update of Windows 11. From that point on, my touchpad isn't working, even the cursor isn't there. Here's what I've tried so far:- rolling back...
  6. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP.When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good.When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much smaller...
  7. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP.When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good.When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much smaller...
  8. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

9. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP. When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good. When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much...
  10. Microphone is acting like a speaker on Windows 10 laptop

Microphone is acting like a speaker on Windows 10 laptop: I bought a camera with a microphone installed too, but when I plug in the microphone jack to the mic jack on my laptop so there's only 1 jack, my audio mutes and the microphone doesn't work. I think that the microphone is treated as a headphone. Also, a day ago, when I...