Windows 10: Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

Discus and support Does less space in hard drive means slow computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If the bar in Windows hard drive space is red, does it slow down the computer to run any software? What can slows down the computer? Too many programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muz, Jan 29, 2019.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

If the bar in Windows hard drive space is red, does it slow down the computer to run any software? What can slows down the computer? Too many programs installed?

:)

2. Slow hard drive

I don't know how it slows it down, I just know that windows goes crazy if I have my USB drive in my computer while trying to boot windows *Laugh :laugh:. And I got the list trick off of Wazzledoozle.

zekrahminator, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

1. Does less space in hard drive means slow computer? - Similar Threads - Does less space

2. Does less space in hard drive means slower computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does less space in hard drive means slower computer?: If the bar in Windows hard drive space is red, does it slows down the computer to run any software? What can slows down the computer? Too many programs installed? 126205
  3. Computer has less space on hard drive after reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer has less space on hard drive after reinstalling windows?: I just recently reinstalled windows (to deal with a problem I'd been having with ridding my computer of Mcafee), however after the installation, my computer has only 120 GB of space on the C: drive and before I had a terabyte. Any insight into why this may be and how I should...
  4. External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer: I have been using my Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable Hard Drive since for about 9 months. Three days ago the drive stopped showing up on My Computer. I tried to Update the Driver. I tried to Uninstall the Drive and Restart my computer. I tried to Uninstall the USB and...
  5. Computer does not recognize external hard drive

Computer does not recognize external hard drive: Hi all,I googled this but I really can't find an answer,hear goes.I have 2 seagate external hard drives with all my movies and tv shows.I plug it into my dvd player and watch them on my smart tv.I bought a new one which says seagate external expansion drive.It is not...
  6. hard drive slow to poplulate

hard drive slow to poplulate: I have a 1 terabyte data drive. When I first click on the drive's icon it takes about 10 seconds for the icons to populate. After that it pops right up. I used Western Digital lifeguard . checks okay. I turned off indexing. I set customized folders to General. Is...
  7. Finding the free space on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the free space on a hard drive: Is there any application that comes with Windows 10, that will show the hard-drive storage usage and free space? I do not mean an application that will show usage and free space for each partition (disk). Such data is rather inconvenient, when one wants to know how much is...
  8. Ex Hard Drive: Scan for errors. No errors does this mean no corruption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ex Hard Drive: Scan for errors. No errors does this mean no corruption: I've scanned my Seagate M3 external hard drive for errors and no errors were found. Does this mean that all data on the hard drive is free of corruption? It contains mostly a copy of my Flac files and I was wondering if this scan is telling me that none of the music...
  9. What does Drive Optimization mean?

What does Drive Optimization mean?: I noticed under Drive Tools that both my drives are scheduled for Weekly Drive Optimization. I have a SSD, C:\, and a HDD, D:\. Defrag is not recommended for SSD's, but Drive Optimization isn't Defined. Does anybody know what Drive Optimization means in Win 10? 14616
  10. Missing internal hard drive space

Missing internal hard drive space: I have a 500GB internal hard drive but only 1.45GB free space. The folder inside only occupying 95.5GB. There are no hidden files. Where is my 345.5GB free space? Help needed desperately. [img] 68209