Windows 10: Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

Discus and support Does less space in hard drive means slow computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If the bar in Windows hard drive space is red, does it slow down the computer to run any software? What can slows down the computer? Too many programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muz, Jan 29, 2019.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

If the bar in Windows hard drive space is red, does it slow down the computer to run any software? What can slows down the computer? Too many programs installed?

:)

2. Slow hard drive

I don't know how it slows it down, I just know that windows goes crazy if I have my USB drive in my computer while trying to boot windows *Laugh :laugh:. And I got the list trick off of Wazzledoozle.

zekrahminator, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Does less space in hard drive means slow computer?

1. Does less space in hard drive means slow computer? - Similar Threads - Does less space

2. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?: When I click on the top column to sort files by a certain criteria ie. date, name, file, etc I get a spinning wheel indicating it is thinking about it but it never does it. It just gets stuck on the spinning wheel. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing? I can still...
  3. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?: When I click on the top column to sort files by a certain criteria ie. date, name, file, etc I get a spinning wheel indicating it is thinking about it but it never does it. It just gets stuck on the spinning wheel. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing? I can still...
  4. Does this mean my external hard drive is failing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  6. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space: My computer has a 950 gig hard drive. Somehow there is about 860 gig of temporary file useage and I can not see where the space is used at even after using the temporary file clean up function....
  7. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148
  8. Used Hard Drive Space does not match

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Used Hard Drive Space does not match: my c: drive says I've used 192G... when I select all folders and click properties its says I've used 80.1 G. How do I fix? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Does less space in hard drive means slower computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does less space in hard drive means slower computer?: If the bar in Windows hard drive space is red, does it slows down the computer to run any software? What can slows down the computer? Too many programs installed? 126205
  10. Computer has less space on hard drive after reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer has less space on hard drive after reinstalling windows?: I just recently reinstalled windows (to deal with a problem I'd been having with ridding my computer of Mcafee), however after the installation, my computer has only 120 GB of space on the C: drive and before I had a terabyte. Any insight into why this may be and how I should...