Windows 10: Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10

Discus and support Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am buying a new laptop with Windows 10 and have been using MS Office 2013 however my new computer does not have Office. Will Libre Office work as a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Shiron, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Shiron Win User

Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10

I am buying a new laptop with Windows 10 and have been using MS Office 2013 however my new computer does not have Office. Will Libre Office work as a replacement for Office. Will it be able to read files docx ? I am in a quandary whether to purchase
    MS office Home or not at a cost of $150. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

open office or libre office

Inserting formulas in Libre office is a chore. And it's some interface annoyances but it's free and opens everything I need. I also used Latex and Google Docs. Of course MS Office has the best interface and easy navigation but it's because I used MS Office more than its rivals.

Drone, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Shiron Win User

I am buying a new laptop with Windows 10 and have been using MS Office 2013 however my new computer does not have Office. Will Libre Office work as a replacement for Office. Will it be able to read files docx ? I am in a quandary whether to purchase
    MS office Home or not at a cost of $150. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Ron

Shiron, Jan 13, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

open office or libre office

You need a neither option in that poll...

Neither for me.

Lotus Symphony 3 and MS office (various flavors).

But, if, I had to choose one... Probably, Libre Office.
    *Smile Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10 :)

95Viper, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Libre Office really replace MS Office using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Does Libre Office

2. Failed downloads of Libre Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed downloads of Libre Office: Acquired a Samsung/windows computer. Updated to Windows 10 Unable to download Libre Office either from Libre site or mirror site. Why or what is preventing this? Is it a setting or need a work around?...
  3. A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    A replacement or a fix to MS Office Outlook 2013: The laptop I use for work has an MS Office 2013 Professional , where I used to rely heavily on MS Outlook as my email app of choice , around late 2018 and all gmail accounts I store in outlook keep failing to log and on loading them in a web browser they do tend to hint they...
  4. Is there really free MS Office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there really free MS Office?: Hello, everyone. My old notebook gave up the ghost. The new one, of course, doesn't have Office installed. After x-years I also have no more access data. Now I am looking for a free version. Does anyone of you have a tip or link for me? Thank you. Gibt es wirklich...
  5. Libre Office does not start after reinstallation?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Libre Office does not start after reinstallation?: Hello, I recently had to reinstall LibreOffice. Now I cannot open it anymore. So I installed it again and tried it with older versions. Unfortunately without success. The program shows a reaction when I try to open it and also loads content, but when I open the "Start menu"...
  6. MS Office vs Libre Office

MS Office vs Libre Office: Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office? 111634
  7. Replacing individual MS Office components

Replacing individual MS Office components: I recently upgraded from Vista to Win10, and at the same time replaced Office 2007 with Office 2010. Everything is hunky-dory with one notable exception. I use MS Publisher a lot for graphic design, but have found what looks like a bug in the Office 2010 version. It has to...
  8. libre office writer and voice regognition

libre office writer and voice regognition: Is it possible to dictate in libre office writer with the voice recognition software in win 10? You are supposed to be able to do so in win word. Thanks, Kevin 41768
  9. office online or Libre office - which is better

office online or Libre office - which is better: My wife's W10 laptop has now closed its free time on word and requires her to purchase it. I'm wondering which of the free ones would be best for her. She only tends to write up her CV and some report work on an occasional basis. I've been wondering about Office on line or...
  10. replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office

replace MS office Home and Student 2010 with Libre office: I don't want to lose all my information that is currently in word format. Do I install Libreoffice first then use add remove to remove MS to switch and keep my files? I do not know how to make the transition and not lose my data in my desktop and also two flash drives....