Windows 10: Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?

Discus and support Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hey everyone, i have a question about power options and lid close in regards to an issue i faced. my pc power options are set to never sleep on AC/DC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lo_ui, Jul 26, 2021.

1. lo_ui Win User

Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?

hey everyone, i have a question about power options and lid close in regards to an issue i faced. my pc power options are set to never sleep on AC/DC, hibernate after 1 hour on AC/DC and do nothing on close lid. last time i closed lid and PC didnt hibernate after the hour. does closing the lid and keeping it closed with PC on affect the power options?

:)

lo_ui, Jul 26, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Closing lid does not put computer to sleep

Know this sounds a bit goofy, but on my Surface Pro 3, I have to use Hibernate instead. If I use Sleep with close lid, I can "peek" under the lid just enough and still see the screen on! Hibernate works, for me.

f14tomcat, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?

Windows 10 Lock Screen When Closed Lid without sleep or hibernate.

HI!

I don't know how, why or exactly when it happend.

At start, when I closed my laptop lid, it locked the screen without sleep or hibernate, but today when I do that it just keep unlocked and running.

In the power config only has the options of "Do nothing", "Shutdown", "Hibernate" and "Sleep". I always let him on "Do Nothing" and it always locked the screen without sleep or hibernat, as I want it to do! But now it doesn't lock the screen.

That pissed me off!

How can I make it back to lock the screen when lid closed without sleep or hibernate?

Drakon Früjig Gronâk, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?

1. Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options? - Similar Threads - Does Lid Close

2. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  3. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.: I have set the windows power settings as it put my system to hibernate when I close the lid on power off , but do nothing when power supply is on. I observe that when lid is closed and power supply is removed it doesn't hibernate the laptop?...
  4. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.: I have set the windows power settings as it put my system to hibernate when I close the lid on power off , but do nothing when power supply is on. I observe that when lid is closed and power supply is removed it doesn't hibernate the laptop?...
  5. Removing power supply on closed lid not performing hibernation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Laptop does not sleep when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not sleep when lid is closed: Previously, whenever I used close the lid of my laptop, it used to go to sleep. I have even tried to change the settings but still nothing changes.Edition Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Version Dev Installed on ‎ 31/‎10/‎2021 OS build 22489.1000 Experience Windows Feature...
  7. Laptop does not sleep when lid is closed

Laptop does not sleep when lid is closed: Previously, whenever I used close the lid of my laptop, it used to go to sleep. I have even tried to change the settings but still nothing changes.Edition Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Version Dev Installed on ‎ 31/‎10/‎2021 OS build 22489.1000 Experience Windows Feature...
  8. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...
  9. Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.

Is there a option to Sleep after laptop is unplugged and the lid is closed.: I have this little quirk that has left me with a dead battery a few times since XP. The situation I'm in is when I have a laptop that's hooked up to a External Monitor/KB/Mouse, then I go to leave, unplug the laptop, stow it, later on arrive with a dead battery. It arrives...
  10. Closing lid does not put computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Closing lid does not put computer to sleep: Brand new Dell XPS-13 with Windows 10 Creators Update My laptop does NOT go to sleep when the lid is closed. PLEASE NOTE the following: Settings>System>Power Options>"Choose what closing the lid does">"When I close the lid">Sleep Sleep is the option. 88530