Windows 10: Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...

Discus and support Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I only noticed this option while using Windows 11, if I allow location to be used on accessed, on a site but did not enable location services in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Felix Kwok, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...

I only noticed this option while using Windows 11, if I allow location to be used on accessed, on a site but did not enable location services in Windows settings, can my location still be accessed, or it won't work?

:)

Felix Kwok, Sep 23, 2022
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox steps are also for any Mozilla based browser (i.e. Cyberfox , etc.) and Chrome steps for any Chromium based browser. This is the example for Firefox, all others are outlined in the article. No hacks, just settings. TC

How to Stop Websites From Asking For Your Location

Type geo.enabled into the Search box on the about:config screen. Double-click the “geo.enabled” preference that appears and Firefox will set it to “false”.
    You can close the about:config tab afterwards.

Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers... ximg_58a60c6cdc483.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.T7VcO6yLYe.png

f14tomcat, Sep 23, 2022
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...

Privacy Suggestions? Trying to get Browser Privacy to it's limits.

RE: Librewolf. I don't have any performance issues with it at all.

RE: Configuration.

toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets

Setting the above to true seems to help.

RE: Firefox. I use the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine. Some tweaks have to be reapplied after an update although in some cases restoring a profile backup might help.

As for Youtube. Forget it. Use an Invidious instance or else use FreeTube app.

Invidious Instances - Invidious Documentation

FreeTube - The Private YouTube Client

Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers... [​IMG]

Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers... [​IMG]

Callender, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...

1. Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers... - Similar Threads - Does Location under

2. Turn off device location for all apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off device location for all apps?: I want to find out if its possible to disable my device location for all apps including google chrome, so no apps can access my device location no matter what. For example if i dont want to use my location in google chrome i need to check this option in chrome options, but...
  3. Turn off device location for all apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off device location for all apps?: I want to find out if its possible to disable my device location for all apps including google chrome, so no apps can access my device location no matter what. For example if i dont want to use my location in google chrome i need to check this option in chrome options, but...
  4. Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...

Does "Location" under Privacy & Security need to be turned off in order for apps/browsers...: I only noticed this option while using Windows 11, if I allow location to be used on accessed, on a site but did not enable location services in Windows settings, can my location still be accessed, or it won't work?...
  5. Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?: In recent weeks it seems that many times when my Windows 10 comes out of sleep the Windows security app and browser control is turned off. The other four Windows security features are not turned off. Seeing the yellow warning on the security icon in my system tray, I turn it...
  6. Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?: In recent weeks it seems that many times when my Windows 10 comes out of sleep the Windows security app and browser control is turned off. The other four Windows security features are not turned off. Seeing the yellow warning on the security icon in my system tray, I turn it...
  7. Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?

8. APP & Browser control turned OFF.

APP & Browser control turned OFF.: Downloaded 3 MSFT /Flash Player updates Tue & Wed. 7/7&8/2020. The latest download was for Windows 10, Version 2004. Today checking security I had an alert that my APP & Browser Control was OFF. Never had this before. Followed the steps to turn it back on but had no luck. I...
  9. Browser and App Control Being Turned Off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser and App Control Being Turned Off: After the latest Creators Update May 2020, my computers running Windows 10 have been starting up with a yellow exclamation mark on the 'Windows Security' icon. When I click on it, it opens the Windows Security main screen showing 'Browser and App Control' as turned off. I...
  10. Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Location Privacy- How to Set: Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox...