Windows 10: Does logging into the administrator account and running anything run all the programs...

Discus and support Does logging into the administrator account and running anything run all the programs... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/kiki885 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g0l0lr/does_logging_into_the_administrator_account_and/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kiki885, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Does logging into the administrator account and running anything run all the programs...

/u/kiki885, Apr 13, 2020

2. Cannot run a program from an Administrator account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you tried with other programs?
    • Is this issue confined only with particular app\program?
    I suggest you to check with other apps\programs and let us know with the result.

Also enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Note: Disable the account by running the following command after troubleshooting the issue:

net user administrator /active:no

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Note that the account has not assigned a password to it, and that you should consider setting one to improve account security.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 13, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Program will run in one account but not the other

Hi, suggests some kind of conflict.. what's the difference between processes and services running and startups between the two accounts? Or sthg missing needed for the program to run.

Is there a clue in the event log?

dalchina, Apr 13, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Does logging into the administrator account and running anything run all the programs...

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Does logging into the administrator account and running anything run all the programs...

1. Does logging into the administrator account and running anything run all the programs... - Similar Threads - Does logging administrator

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  5. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  6. Can't run anything as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't run anything as administrator: I can't run anything as administrator. This problem occurred out of nowhere and I can't think of anything significant I did that would've caused it. Anytime I try to run a program as administrator I get the error "You'll need a new app to open this .exe file" Please help,...
  7. Can't run anything as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as administrator: I mistakenly did a quick reply at the end of the tutorial for running an app as administrator in Windows 10. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). Asus...
  8. Can't run anything as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run anything as administrator: I mistakenly did a quick reply at the end of the tutorial for running an app as administrator in Windows 10. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). Asus...
  9. Issue with running programs as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...