Windows 10: Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro?

Discus and support Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have a customer who has 150 users and they are looking for a cost effective licensing method. They prefer to have their office installed , which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Faiza Ramadan, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro?

We have a customer who has 150 users and they are looking for a cost effective licensing method. They prefer to have their office installed , which is office 2019 pro and windows 10 pro, however this is very costly.

We planned to suggest them M365 Business standard. does it include windows 10 pro? can they have access to install and download windows 10 pro after subscribing to M365?

:)

Faiza Ramadan, Nov 12, 2020

2. Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 365 Business (not Office 365, but M365) still includes a subscription to Windows 10 Pro, right??

The M365 Plans page had previously shown that the "Business" version included a license to both the Office Products and Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the licenses, joined my company's PC's to the Azure AD on that tenant and ended up with a bunch of inactivated
    Windows PC's. The previous parent org licensed these machines via an EA license.

My CSP is utterly useless and keeps quoting Microsoft websites about using M365 to upgrade Pro to Enterprise - but that's not what I'm trying to do.

A single one of my PC's, that I forced to update to 1809 did activate and shows my Edition as "Windows 10 Business" and my Subscription as "Windows 10 Business subscription is active." But all of my other PCs are only updating to 1803, and say that the
    Activation Server is unavailable. But everything I find says the activation should be automatic for 1709 and above.

Now I'm panicking a bit because Microsoft updated their M365 page (

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/small-business-solutions?lml=false)
    and removed any reference to Windows 10 in the features list.

So does anyone know what happened? Is it still included? Or did MS change their minds and pull it? And if it is included, how do I get it to activate?

Thanks in advance.

Reagan Johnson, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft 365 Business and Windows 10 Licensing

If customer buy the Microsoft 365 Business subscription for employees, does it means custumer do not need to buy any licensing for windows 10, because it is included in M365 subscription.

And when IT need to deploy Windows 10 on devices(such as labtops), IT just need to install a lastest version of Windows 10 ISO, and with out activate this Windows 10, IT connect this device to internet, login on with M365 subscription, this Windows 10 will
    activate as Windows 10 Business by M365 subscription.

Is that right?

Edvinas Krasauskas, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro?

M365 Enteprise - Is an underlying OEM OS required in order to deploy Windows on to laptops using M365

M365 Business and M365 Enterprise are the only ones but the requirements are the same as enterprise

Neftali Ramirez, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro?

1. Does M365 Business standard includes windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - Does M365 Business

2. Is Windows 10 for Business included with Windows 10 Pro to Receive the latest in Group...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 10 for Business included with Windows 10 Pro to Receive the latest in Group...: Hi everyone,Referring to the Microsoft Tech Community page entitled "The latest in Group Policy settings parity in Mobile Device Management"...
  3. Is Windows 10 for Business included with Windows 10 Pro to Receive the latest in Group...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 10 for Business included with Windows 10 Pro to Receive the latest in Group...: Hi everyone,Referring to the Microsoft Tech Community page entitled "The latest in Group Policy settings parity in Mobile Device Management"...
  4. Is Windows 10 for Business included with Windows 10 Pro to Receive the latest in Group...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OS Requirements for M365 Business Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS Requirements for M365 Business Premium: If I am understanding what I have read, I need at least a Windows 10 Pro license for M365 Business Premium to work. One article I read said that by purchasing M365 Premium I could upgrade from 7 Pro or 8 Pro for free. If I have a Windows 10 Home version and purchased M365...
  6. OS Requirements for M365 Business Premium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS Requirements for M365 Business Premium: If I am understanding what I have read, I need at least a Windows 10 Pro license for M365 Business Premium to work. One article I read said that by purchasing M365 Premium I could upgrade from 7 Pro or 8 Pro for free. If I have a Windows 10 Home version and purchased M365...
  7. OS Requirements for M365 Business Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Office 365 For Business Standard

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 For Business Standard: Hello, I have been a follower of this forum for years and this is my first post. I am attempting to install Office 365 Business Standard (AKA Microsoft 365 Business standard) on a Windows 10 Computer for a Not for Profit. We bought the license and followed the instructions to...
  9. Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home & M365 Business Premium: I am working with a client that has Windows 10 Home. We are recommending M365 Business Premium. We understand the M365 Business Premium license would permit upgrading Windows 7 Pro or 8/8.1 Pro systems to Windows 10 Pro. But what about Windows 10 Home? Can this also be...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro OEM to M365 E3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro OEM to M365 E3: Has anyone upgraded from OEM to M365 E3/E5 licenses? I'm trying to figure out how it would be done. Would be easier if volume licensing was used for Pro since we use Intune to manage devices and could have just entered the volume license to upgrade, but alas we don't....