Windows 10: does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

Discus and support does Mail leave deleted messages on the server? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonDuncan3, Jan 26, 2020.

1. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone lets me choose 'never' for removing deleted emails from server. Can't find the setting in Win10 mail on the Surface. Does that setting exist? And if not, does Mail remove locally deleted emails from the server? Thanks for any advice.

:)

DonDuncan3, Jan 26, 2020
  2. JJG10 Win User

How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes it from the Cox server. Neither of the 2 Outlook machines can find the message and Cox Webmail does not show it.

Is there a setting that will make the Mail App leave it on the server as Outlook does?

Thank you.

JJG10, Jan 26, 2020
  3. How to Leave Mail on Server?

yes

PatrickFerrand, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

1. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server? - Similar Threads - does Mail leave

2. Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download: Windows Mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other messages did download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-a-message-is-on-the-server-but-does/01f01caf-8f7a-47fd-bc58-4a6aa5208bc5
  3. Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download: Windows Mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other messages did download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-a-message-is-on-the-server-but-does/01f01caf-8f7a-47fd-bc58-4a6aa5208bc5
  4. Windows mail: a message is on the server but does not download when synching other did download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER: After a recent move I had to change ISPs and get a new email address. My new ISP is Spectrum. After using a number of third-party email clients, I couldn't understand why the emails in my inbox would simply delete themselves, regardless of the email client I was using. I...
  6. Window 10 Mail deleting from the server

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window 10 Mail deleting from the server: Hi, I have just recently started using Windows 10 mail. I would like to be able to delete and put emails into folders without disturbing any emails on the actual server. I want the server to remain intact so others can read things of interest to them. Is this possible in...
  7. Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail.: When I had Windows Live Mail you had an option to select remove from server after viewing/reading. Where is this option in Windows 10 Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-mail-from-server-after-showing-in-mail/edd41c16-1797-4956-b3a0-1e5aed2c5508
  8. Outlook 365 deleting messages from server

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 deleting messages from server: In case anyone wasn't aware MS delivers another poisonous update. The latest one causes emails to delete from server regardless of settings. Wish they would leave things alone! There are workarounds namely using IMAP or uninstalling the office update. I guess I will just wait...
  9. Does the Mail App Remove Messages form Server After Retrieving?

in Browsers and Email
    Does the Mail App Remove Messages form Server After Retrieving?: Was wondering if the Mail App removes messages from the server after retrieving them@ Is there a setting for this? I have 2 email accounts: Roadrunner and Gmail. Thanks, James 93801
  10. How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account

in Browsers and Email
    How to leave messages on server using Mail App pop account: I have the Windows Mail App on one of my 3 machines. The other to use Outlook 2016. Under Mail App (pop3 accounts) when I delete a message it removes it from the Cox server. Neither of the 2 Outlook machines can find the message and Cox Webmail does not show it. Is there a...