Windows 10: Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users.

Discus and support Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If I make a password to protect my account, when another user navigates to here - [ATTACH]Then here - [ATTACH] If the user clicks remove - will they... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Laurant123, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users.

If I make a password to protect my account, when another user navigates to here -

Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users. 24bae9c1-1e5e-469a-9739-bfd129df6206?upload=true.png Then here - Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users. 7225d66d-292f-4ad8-9fc9-af345ca6586c?upload=true.png If the user clicks remove - will they require my password to delete my account. If not, are there any precautions which I can take to stop said user deleting my account - or remove the users ability to remove accounts. The user in question is not an administrator. Thank you!

:)

Laurant123, Apr 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users.

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users.

1. Does making a password stop your account being removed by other windows 10 users. - Similar Threads - Does making password

2. user password removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    user password removal: I don't want a user password at startup, how do I remove this for good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-password-removal/722ed07e-e726-45f4-bc69-b7bb0218ee1d
  3. Windows 10 change/reset password of Other User

Windows 10 change/reset password of Other User: I have full admin rights to my laptop and created an additional user account long time ago, now I can't remember the password of this second user account. There is no option to reset or change the password as an admin none that I could find. So how can I get into that...
  4. Removing an user account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing an user account password: My sister puts an user password on my laptop, will refreshing windows remove it?or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-user-account-password/7b50cd8e-3359-4ecf-9ad1-456422851c67
  5. Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account: I recently set up my new laptop. I want to have no password on the user account when I turn it on, but it has set my user account password to my microsoft account password. I've tried settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password, but this tries to change my microsoft...
  6. need to retrieve other users password in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    need to retrieve other users password in windows 10: Need to retrieve other user's password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-retrieve-other-users-password-in-windows/5ec53af6-ba00-456f-87a6-1f7422139f6f
  7. Setting up a password for a Windows 10 existing other user account

Setting up a password for a Windows 10 existing other user account: Hi, Our family of four uses one main computer. I have it set up so my wife and I use the administrator account/desktop and our boys have an "other user" account. I would like to set up a password for the boys "other user" account. The admin account is uses a PIN. Thanks,...
  8. Windows 10 user account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 user account password: I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account that I use, this is the administrator on the PC so I wanted to change it. When I did this I was asked for the old password but...
  9. Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts: Today I tried to add an account to my Windows 10 computer (Version 1607 Build 14393.321). Not something I do very often so I Googled it. When I select Settings - Accounts, I do not see the option for "Family and other users" like the screen image below. This image is not from...
  10. Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10: How to: Remove Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10 [img] Information You can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to...