Windows 10: Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?

Discus and support Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop install: I am installing Windows 10x 64 using USB created by the latest media creation tool. All goes fine upto the point where it says 'Let's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tfwul, Nov 11, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?

Laptop install: I am installing Windows 10x 64 using USB created by the latest media creation tool.
    All goes fine upto the point where it says 'Let's connect you to a network'.
    Nothing shows up, even not after a couple of minutes.

The laptop is just 1m away from my modem and the WiFi signal is very strong, I know.

Now, yesterday, after unpacking the laptop, WiFi worked.

I decided to just start with a clean system.
    Formatted the SSD before starting the setup of Windows.

Device Manager->Network Adapters doe not show anything with WiFi, it shows Bluetooth device (Personal Area Network), Bluetooth (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) and all other are WAN Miniport.

Any suggestions?

(note: when skipping this step, Windows install obviously goes on, but there is simply no way get connected, at least not using WiFi.)

:)

tfwul, Nov 11, 2018

2. Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

1. Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers? - Similar Threads - Does Media Creation

2. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB won't boot: USB created with MediaCreationTool22H2 for W10 won't boot on a New Ryzen 7950X ASUS X670E. I had to use rufus and create a bootable USB from a 22H2 ISO. Pretty sad MS when you can't get your own creation tool to work......
  3. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB won't boot: USB created with MediaCreationTool22H2 for W10 won't boot on a New Ryzen 7950X ASUS X670E. I had to use rufus and create a bootable USB from a 22H2 ISO. Pretty sad MS when you can't get your own creation tool to work......
  4. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  7. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

8. Media Creation Tool USB install - corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool USB install - corrupt: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc build. I'm not a regular Windows user but I have already done quite a few installations with CDs and DVDs on physical and virtual computers. The issue I'm currently facing is that both burning and reading DVDs is not an option...
  9. Trouble with Media Creation Tool & USB Drive

Trouble with Media Creation Tool & USB Drive: Tonight I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 for my PC. I used the Tool on my brother's PC (which also runs Win 10). I followed all the instructions to save to a USB Drive, and it was going along nicely until I got the following Error message: "There...
  10. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984