Windows 10: Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

Discus and support Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rafat Zedin, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?

:)

Rafat Zedin, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows Hello does not save face or pin

We appreciate the information you've provided. Since you're on an Insider build, have you installed the latest Insider Build 16188? It's possible that a fix has been included for your concern with saving the PIN and
    the biometric data, so if you haven't installed that yet, go to Settings >
    Update & Security > Windows Update >
    Check for Updates.

We also suggest that you remove the previous PIN before you try adding a new one. Just follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Settings and press Enter.

• Click Accounts.

• Select Sign-in Options on the left side of the screen.

• Click Remove under PIN on the right side of the screen.

• Click Remove one more time to confirm.

• Type your Microsoft account password to verify and click
      OK.

Once the old PIN has been removed, you should be able to add and save a new one, along with the biometric data for face recognition.

Let us know if you're able to save your PIN after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

1. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft account

2. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  3. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  4. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  5. Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password

Lock screen log in pin changed to Microsoft account password: My laptop required me to use a 4 digit pin from the lock screen - it now uses my Microsoft account password - I did not ask for this change. How do I change it back to 4 simple numbers that have nothing to do with my Microsoft account??...
  6. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.: I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I mixed up my PIN and forgot what it was. Now I can't log into my laptop anymore. I...
  7. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.: I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I mixed up my PIN and forgot what it was. Now I can't log into my laptop anymore. I...
  8. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN: Last weekend I wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and subsequently the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft 365. Windows 10 version number 20H2. OS Build 19042.662. Install and 365 download went as expected, but I made two errors for which I am at loss...
  10. Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up?: I set up a pin to use instead of passwords and the windows hello pin only works if i lock the screen and not from start up. I want to it work from start up when i turn the computer on. Any ideas on how i can do that? submitted by /u/QuietMrFx977 [link] [comments]...