Windows 10: DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES

Discus and support DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN CALLED ABOUT LICENSE FOR MICROSOFT EXPIRING. THE PERSON SAYS THAT THEY OWE ME A REFUND AND WANT TO GIVE THEM REMOTE ACCESS TO M... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnnetteChauncey, Feb 1, 2019.

1. DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES

RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN CALLED ABOUT LICENSE FOR MICROSOFT EXPIRING. THE PERSON SAYS THAT THEY OWE ME A REFUND AND WANT TO GIVE THEM REMOTE ACCESS TO M COMPUTER AND CREDIT CARD NUMBERS SO THEY CAN TRANSFER MONEY YO MY ACCOUNT...SOUNDS KINDA FISHY TO ME.

:)

AnnetteChauncey, Feb 1, 2019

2. How to verify that my Windows 10 licence is associated with my Hotmail/Microsoft account

Do those steps:

• Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings application.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Select Activation

DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES SU1Ru.png

Here you see the current status. If the account has no licence you can click on Add an account, enter your account data and the account gets the license added.

You can see this in the next step in the same dialog:

DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES Gc0yx.png

magicandre1981, Feb 1, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 1, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES

Windows XP Home Licence...

Yep, and I'll give s simple summary for anyone that is still confused.

Retail License:

• Supported by Microsoft
    • Can only be running on 1 machine per license
    • Can be transferred from one machine to another as long as it is removed from the old machine first
    OEM License:

• Supported by the whoever installs it
    • Bound to the motherboard it is originally installed on
    • The motherboard can only be changed in the event of a motherboard failure, and then the replacement motherboard must be the same model or an equivalent model
    Upgrade License:

• Support is bound by the license of the version you are upgrading from
    • Can be transferred from one PC to another as long as it is uninstalled from the previous computer first
    • When transferred support is bound by the license of the version you are upgrading from on the new machine

newtekie1, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES

1. DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE ABOUT LICENCES - Similar Threads - DOES MICROSOFT CALL

2. A question about licence of microsoft fonts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about licence of microsoft fonts in windows 10: Hello everyone,I used a font from microsoft font in a project with a client, It is Bahnschrift font and my windows 10 virsion is not activited• Is my use correct?• If it isn't correct -- how to contact with microsoft customer service to tell them that I use it before I know...
  3. Does Microsoft call about licensing concerns?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does Microsoft call about licensing concerns?: I received two calls recently that state that the caller is calling concerning a Microsoft license, and that the product license will be turned off soon. Does Microsoft make this type of call, or was it best that I hung up on the call?...
  4. Why does no one at Microsoft care about the problems people have with admin priviledges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does no one at Microsoft care about the problems people have with admin priviledges?: If anyone at Microsoft is monitoring this, can they please come on and apologize to us all for the crappy user interface of Windows 10, where they tell the user he is the administrator, but the real administrator is a default that Windows sets up. Please give us a SIMPLE way...
  5. Getting calls about a Microsoft refund

Getting calls about a Microsoft refund: I have been getting calls from a Robin Parker saying i have a refund coming. For micro security. I don’t use this computer that often mainly for taxes. He has called me many times and gave me his number. Can’t send me a check bank deposit only Has anyone heard of this...
  6. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  7. phone calls about MICROSOFT closing

phone calls about MICROSOFT closing: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  8. About licence validity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About licence validity: Hi team, i have recently upgraded to windows 10 Home edition and i am not seeing any product key as it is showing with digital licence activated .May i know how many days of this OS validity?...
  9. DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE AND SAY THEY WANT TO REFUND THE CUSTOMER MONEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE AND SAY THEY WANT TO REFUND THE CUSTOMER MONEY: EARLIER IN JAN. A PERSON CALLED AND SAID THEY NEEDED TO REFUND MONEY TO ME , SOMETHING ABOUT LICENCE =--IT GOT REALLY CONFUSING BECAUSE THEY WANTED MY CARD NUMBERS SO THEY COULD TRANSFER MONEY. WANTED ME TO GO ON LINE AND ALL KIND OF CRAZY STUFF--TOO MUCH TO TYPE ABOUT....
  10. Calling Batch File People

in Windows 10 Support
    Calling Batch File People: For years on XP, Win7, Win8 & 8.1 I have used this batch file method to transfer pictures from a card reader to a (the same) directory on my computer. After upgrading to Win10 it no longer works. When I try to run it I get this: C:\Windows>dir J:\DCIM\198___07...