Windows 10: Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official...

Discus and support Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I am looking for an official information if Microsoft Defender Antivirus is protecting my PC from malware contained on USB drive for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WaldSchmidt, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official...

Hello all,

I am looking for an official information if Microsoft Defender Antivirus is protecting my PC from malware contained on USB drive for Windows 10 Home version.

If you read the general security web page it states that real time protection is protecting files and blocking internet threats. USB sticks have different mechanism of infection e.g. firmware containing malware, worms etc.. Nothing is mentioned about removable media though for Windows Home products.

There is a lot of information on the protection against such kind of threats for Enterprise version of Windows. I am a privat user and need this information for Windows Home version.

Every search on this topic leads me to ATP results for endpoints.

Can please someone help providing official information from Microsoft.

:)

WaldSchmidt, Apr 18, 2021

2. how to Block USB storage on Windows 10 Computers

Requirement :- Block All usb storage media and provide access to only company provided USB storage device(maximum of 10)

Preference :- Group policy ,Defender ,ATP

User count :- Apprx 30K

Antivirus :- Windows defender

Kindly suggest whether below task can be accomplished using group policy or any alternate way,if yes,please help me required steps

rahul1991ZC, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
Thema:

Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official...

1. Does Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Winfows 10 Home block malware on USB drives? Official... - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Defender

2. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  4. Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK: HelloIf you are using Win10 Home, and can not get the Inbond UDP working, and if you have Defender Antirus ON,Make an Excpetion for the Echolink FolderGo to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection...
  5. Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK: HelloIf you are using Win10 Home, and can not get the Inbond UDP working, and if you have Defender Antirus ON,Make an Excpetion for the Echolink FolderGo to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection...
  6. Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus: How do I uninstall McAfee and use Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11 on an Inspiron 15 3501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/961a8fc2-ecaa-464c-b433-84342add715b
  8. Microsoft defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender antivirus: After running microsoft defender scans it doesn't give me any notifications like it used to notify before i even checked my settings all notifications regarding microsoft defender antivirus are turned on but still it's not giving me any notifications of scan results ..what do...
  9. Microsoft 10 Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft 10 Defender Antivirus: I am planing on moving to PC from MAC. But I never had to worry about Antivirus on MACs so I am clueless when it comes to what I should get or do when it comes to Antivirus solutions. If anyone can help me with picking a good machine and the best Antivirus software that would...
  10. Windows 10 now blocks malware from disabling Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 now blocks malware from disabling Microsoft Defender: Windows 10 update is making it much harder for users to disable the Windows Defender and this is a good move on Microsoft’s part, according to the updated support documentation. By default, Windows Defender is installed on all versions and editions of Windows 10. It always...