Windows 10: Does Microsoft Edge function as part of Internet Explorer?

Discus and support Does Microsoft Edge function as part of Internet Explorer? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A few days ago I noticed in the task managers App History tab that Edge had logged 925 MB in the past month, more than all other applications combined.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by logman, Dec 4, 2016.

1. logman Win User

Does Microsoft Edge function as part of Internet Explorer?

A few days ago I noticed in the task managers App History tab that Edge had logged 925 MB in the past month, more than all other applications combined. When I went to Edge settings, I tried to delete saved history etc.. I turns out I wound up deleting saved log-ins and passwords in Windows/Internet Explorer. I did not realize that they are interconnected, is there any to recover them?
    Microsoft keeps trying to get us to use Edge but it does not have the same functionality as Internet Explorer....

:)

logman, Dec 4, 2016

2. Edge Browser History

I'm not complaining about Microsoft but the fact remains "History" does not function in Edge on my PC. It does work as expected in Internet Explorer though. Saying that Microsoft doesn't have a problem with Edge just because it's working on your computer
    is simply stupid....

JamesHavins, Dec 4, 2016
  3. Deleting browsing history etc. automatically when closing Microsoft Edge

Quite agree - I will not use Edge

JohnnyReaction, Dec 4, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

The only functionality that Edge doesn't have that IE does is ActiveX support, but neither does Chrome, FF or any other browsers. ActiveX is a bad thing these days, and very insecure.

Mystere, Dec 4, 2016
  5. egray Win User
    Hang on... that's not what that App History entry means!

That just means that Edge has historically been consuming a lot of network resources. Well, that shouldn't be a surprise, since it is an Internet browser, after all.

That does NOT mean that Edge is consuming resources on your PC... and that you should go around deleting content

As for getting your passwords back... You *might* be able use the System Restore facility to return your PC to some time before you deleted things. You'd have to check to see if you had a System Restore point before that time... and that you're willing to loose everything that you'd done since that time.

egray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Microsoft Edge function as part of Internet Explorer? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Edge

2. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.: As the support for Internet Explorer has ended some private companies who still have applications that compatible only to IE, switching to Edge in IE mode still don't work?...
  3. Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer mode not working.: As the support for Internet Explorer has ended some private companies who still have applications that compatible only to IE, switching to Edge in IE mode still don't work?...
  4. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  5. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  6. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  7. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  8. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer Font issues....: when i open Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and use any search engines (bing, google, etc..), my search results come back with links that i cannot understand (all except Google, Bing, etc logos), it appears fonts are changed only in search results. If i manually type...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer: How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...