Windows 10: does microsoft enjoy making your programs difficult to use

Discus and support does microsoft enjoy making your programs difficult to use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I spent several hours resubscribing to Office personal today. This was a stupid process that kept trying to sell me a more expensive version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimothyMcCarthy1, Jan 29, 2020.

1. does microsoft enjoy making your programs difficult to use

I spent several hours resubscribing to Office personal today. This was a stupid process that kept trying to sell me a more expensive version of office. I finally succeeded but it was a miserable struggle and was a huge waste of my time. now i am trying to function with the new system and it is stupid. to open an attachment i have to use outlook and my computer will not set up the program to open an attachment. i need this attachment to file 1099s by tomorrow. with the amount of money that microsoft pays to its programmers is there some reason that they cannot come up with a program that works. if i did not have to use microsoft to get along with other computer users i would not use amy microsoft products fix this now

:)

TimothyMcCarthy1, Jan 29, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

does microsoft enjoy making your programs difficult to use

Having an extremely difficult time making my PhotoStory 3 program work on Windows 10.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you facing an issue with the installation of this program or while launching this program?
    • Is the issue specific to this program?
    • Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the computer?

I suggest you to Uninstall and install the latest version of Photo story check if it helps

If the issue persist install the software in compatibility mode

Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available software on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install software in compatibility mode:

1. Download the software from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the software and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the software install and then check the functionality.

And, also install all the software from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

does microsoft enjoy making your programs difficult to use

1. does microsoft enjoy making your programs difficult to use - Similar Threads - does microsoft enjoy

2. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  3. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?: We have 4 purchased PCs which now need Windows activation with a product key. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult and convoluted to simply purchase license keys ? These PCs are deployed at client locations, so we just need valid license keys. I shouldn't have to go...
  4. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to simply buy a license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  6. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to resize the Windows partition?: If you want to extend your Windows partition and you have unallocated space on the same disk, Windows Disk Management won't give you the option to extend the volume, it's greyed out in the options menu. This is because you can only extend into adjacent unallocated space, and...
  7. Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why....WHY does M$ make it so difficult?: I had to totally reinstall winBLOWS because M$ has **** QA before releasing updates. Ok, great. Now, I am constantly trying to make Firefox my default browser because, well, M$ sucks. SUCKS. I want as few of their products on my machine as possible. I even had a tech do...
  8. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?: I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy. These are just some of the Microsoft security and system problems I encountered: 1. It asked me to sign in with the last password I'd...
  9. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...
  10. Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?: I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems...