Windows 10: Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?

Discus and support Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am recently preparing to use Microsoft Family Safety for my kid. Nevertheless, my kid seldom use Microsoft Edge as his common browser, he uses... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lukas Ge, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Lukas Ge Win User

Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?

I am recently preparing to use Microsoft Family Safety for my kid. Nevertheless, my kid seldom use Microsoft Edge as his common browser, he uses Vivaladi instead.

:)

Lukas Ge, Jul 23, 2021

2. Microsoft family safety not working--at all.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconveniece caused to you. Let me help you.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which web browser are you using?
    • Are the settings on the Family Safety options on your computer are the same with the one on
      http://familysafety.live.com?

I suggest you to login with your parental account and check if you are able to manage the family settings.

If the issue still persist, it might appears that the Child account is not configure correctly. I suggest you to remove the Family Safety and configure it again.

How do I remove Family Safety?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/family-safety-remove-uninstall-faq

Now, setup Family Safety.

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

After creating the child account, you can then go to the Family Safety website, login using the parent account and then manage your child's restrictions and monitoring options.

Refer the following Microsoft help article.

Filter inappropriate apps and games

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Family Safety - Chrome Unblocking Itself

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also, refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 23, 2021
  4. MarkG_OKC Win User

Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome?

Google account login not working with Microsoft Family Safety enabled.

-Did you try a different web browser to login to Google and check?

YES, I've tried Google Chrome and everything works fine with it. Only the Microsoft browsers have the issue with Family Saftey.

-Does the Google website reflects under the block this websites in family safety?

As I stated in the original post, "There are no site restrictions in place and placing Google in the allow list has no effect."

-Have you tried to remove and add accounts in the family safety? I have uninstalled/removed and reinstalled/reactivated all accounts under Family Saftey with the same end result.

Also, the Family Safety website does not log any web activity.

MarkG_OKC, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Does Microsoft Family Safety work with other browsers such as Vivaladi or Chrome? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Family

2. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error: When I log onto a website on Microsoft Edge, as normal, it tells me to ask for permission. It only does this if I haven't gotten permission for the site ever before. Here's the problem:When the link that tells me to ask for permission to gain access to the site, I can hit the...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error: When I log onto a website on Microsoft Edge, as normal, it tells me to ask for permission. It only does this if I haven't gotten permission for the site ever before. Here's the problem:When the link that tells me to ask for permission to gain access to the site, I can hit the...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Browser Request Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Does MS family block sites on other browser like chrome ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does MS family block sites on other browser like chrome ?: HI i have installed MS family ion my kids comp, i have added the sites which intend to block , and they work perfectly well on MS edge , but now the main issue is when she uses Google chrome , she can access the same site which i have blocked on MS family , now first...
  6. family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser

family safety "Block App" does not work on AVG Web Browser: I have set up family safety features for my kids. But lately I have noticed one of them installed AVG Web Browser, I added it to "Always Blocked" list, but it still starts on his computer. When you start the app there is a window displayed "App is blocked due to family...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Website blocking does not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Website blocking does not work: Hello, I cannot block websites in Microsoft Family Safety settings. When I type the address of a website that I want to be blocked eg www.youtube.com, instead of blocking the websitewww.youtube.com/, the web adresshttps://https//www.youtube.com/ is blocked. An additional...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....

Microsoft Family Safety Not Working....: So, I don't know if it's something my teenager has done to undermine my controls, but for the life of me I cannot seem to get the Microsoft Family Safety to engage with my son's laptop. I've verified everything, it shows his device, it shows all the restriction settings...
  9. /Microsoft Family Safety Content Restrictions does not allow Chrome to work at all

/Microsoft Family Safety Content Restrictions does not allow Chrome to work at all: To be fair. I want to have parental controls on windows and Microsoft edge turned on. I also have Google family running separately for google software. My kid uses google Chrome for school, google docs for school, and uses chrome accounts and apps that need chrome. I got...
  10. How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.: I like Microsoft Family. It helps me control the time use of my two young kids. However, for filtering WWW contents, it seems to me it works only for Edge or Explorer. What about other browsers such as Chrome?...