Windows 10: Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?

Discus and support Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer was hacked yesterday and Microsoft Helpline 1-855-722-4457 popped on my screen and stated that this is a Windows Firewall Alert because... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonaldCrockett, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?

My computer was hacked yesterday and Microsoft Helpline 1-855-722-4457 popped on my screen and stated that this is a Windows Firewall Alert because Dridex07 Malware was detected. I called the number and JC William ID# MS7086JC answered and offered to clean up the infection. This is a scam right? Tell me how I can safely cleanup the infection.

:)

RonaldCrockett, Mar 28, 2023
  2. reelyard Win User

Disable Toast Notifications for Microsoft Teams

When you receive a message through Microsoft teams you get a toast notification and the icon flashes. You can choose to have these notifications enabled or not. However, when the "banner" notification is disabled the toolbar icon does not flash at all.

Is there is a way to disable the toast notification but keep the flashing toolbar icon intact?

I have disabled all notifications in the Notifications settings within Windows 10, but the toast notifications are still showing.

Edit

This screenshot is to confirm that Microsoft Teams does not show up within the Notifications & Actions settings window:

Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked? 6nWD9.png

Edit 2

The version of Teams I have installed is 1.1.00.10955 (64 bit). It was last updated on 04/05/2018.

Edit 3

There is now a suggestion on Microsoft's User Voice forum surrounding this feature. You can follow it here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.co...urn-off-message-preview-in-notification-toast

reelyard, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?

Second Flash Player zero-day exploit found in Hacking Team's data

Adobe fixes two Flash zero-day flaws found in Hacking Team cache | ZDNet

Borg 386, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?

1. Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Helpline

2. Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?: My computer was hacked yesterday and Microsoft Helpline 1-855-722-4457 popped on my screen and stated that this is a Windows Firewall Alert because Dridex07 Malware was detected. I called the number and JC William ID# MS7086JC answered and offered to clean up the infection....
  3. Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft have a Helpline team that flashes on your screen when your computer is hacked?: My computer was hacked yesterday and Microsoft Helpline 1-855-722-4457 popped on my screen and stated that this is a Windows Firewall Alert because Dridex07 Malware was detected. I called the number and JC William ID# MS7086JC answered and offered to clean up the infection....
  4. What if your computer does this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if your computer does this: My computer has been like this for 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-your-computer-does-this/b0621242-5220-4cf0-8b79-73199ab1237f
  5. What if your computer does this

What if your computer does this: My computer has been like this for 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-your-computer-does-this/b0621242-5220-4cf0-8b79-73199ab1237f
  6. Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer?: Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-have-the-legal-right-to-disable/54743a9d-b010-4b3f-87bf-a427cdaf1aa5
  7. Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer?: Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-have-the-legal-right-to-disable/54743a9d-b010-4b3f-87bf-a427cdaf1aa5
  8. Does Microsoft have the legal right to disable your computer?

9. "Your Phone" hack?

"Your Phone" hack?: I received a text message that appeared in the Microsoft "your phone" app text window Win 10, but was not present on the linked android phone Samsung Galaxy S10. It was clearly spam, and contained links. I was unable to select and remove it because the right click select and...
  10. What was hacked, the Wifi or your computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What was hacked, the Wifi or your computer?: What was hacked, the Wifi or your computer? Windows registry can retain previous SSID’s until flushed out or you go in and manually remove those remembered SSID’s that you have connected to. 150034