Windows 10: Does microsoft have a solution for connecting older scanners to windows 10 computers?

Discus and support Does microsoft have a solution for connecting older scanners to windows 10 computers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older Microtek scanmaker 5600 scanner and my windows 10 laptop does not recognize my scanner. I installed the scan wizard 5 software and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sammygov123, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Does microsoft have a solution for connecting older scanners to windows 10 computers?

I have an older Microtek scanmaker 5600 scanner and my windows 10 laptop does not recognize my scanner. I installed the scan wizard 5 software and the scanner is connected via usb. I had never needed to use any drivers before for connection. The scanwizard 5 software does a probe to locate the scanner. I have the software installed on my laptop and seems to be working, but not recognizing the scanner. Searches on the internet have come up with nothing usable. I tried the software in compatibility mode but the probe still did not detect the scanner. Please help with getting my scanner connected.

:)

sammygov123, Dec 12, 2020

2. scanner doesn't find my computer with error message "no scanner is connected".

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in scanner settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps. Also try to run the printer troubleshooter, it will troubleshoot on scanner related issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Also I recommend you to refer to the user manual for printer device and try to check if there is any change in scanner settings.

I suggest you to check if scanner is detected through below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "View scanners and Cameras" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if scanner is getting detected in it or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Does microsoft have a solution for connecting older scanners to windows 10 computers?

microsoft scanner and camera wizard in win 10

Device is listed but still can not get scanner to connect. I have disconnect device & closed down computer, reconnect the 2 and still not connecting.

LupeRodriguez2, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Does microsoft have a solution for connecting older scanners to windows 10 computers?

1. Does microsoft have a solution for connecting older scanners to windows 10 computers? - Similar Threads - Does microsoft solution

2. Does anybody have a solution?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does anybody have a solution?: My computer has 16gbs of memory and it is running Windows 10, it freezes everytime and when that happens apps and every app I use even explorer freezes and I’ve tried removing malware using tronscript, powershell, dism and sfc but nothing helps. I even am using my computer...
  3. Windows 10 on older computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on older computer: Hello I bought a new to me desktop off of Amazon to use in working from home. Unfortunately, my system wasn't working properly and I tried to reset it to factory settings and found got a message that this computer has no operating system. I suspect that the seller company...
  4. Scanner not connected to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not connected to computer: My printer is an all in one with scan, copy, photo and print. The printer is connecter to the computer via wi-fi. The scanner is not connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-connected-to-computer/5367d439-6650-4289-b322-c42202676751
  5. A Solution to Windows Update failing on older versions of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Solution to Windows Update failing on older versions of Windows 10: I did a new install on Win 10 using a very old Windows 10 Pro image (last time I borrow something from my son). When it was done I wound up with V 1607 successfully installed (~2016) and I was able to Activate it. However, the "dastardly" Auto-Update feature was enabled, so...
  6. Connected to the Wlan but no Internet, does anyone have a solution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected to the Wlan but no Internet, does anyone have a solution?: Hello (Please look at the picture) You are my last hope. I tried to solve the problem for about 6 hours today, but without success. My laptop is connected to the Wlan, but no Internet. The internet works on all devices except this Hp Pavillon laptop. I have...
  7. Older Nook not connecting to computer

Older Nook not connecting to computer: I have a Nook simple touch that I have not used in a few years. I'm attempting to update the Nook as well as load books on to it for an upcoming trip. I can not get the computer to recognize the Nook, although it has no problems connecting to other devices like my phone or...
  8. older scanner driver

older scanner driver: where do i find a driver for a 600dpi usb scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-scanner-driver/3cbdd5f7-6276-443b-9664-8f18bc8b9a0f
  9. Connecting my scanner to the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting my scanner to the computer: I need help connecting my scanner to the computer. It currently prints but wont scan to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-scanner-to-the-computer/cffbb557-c4a0-4a0f-9419-877e411ebd76
  10. Connecting HP Scanner to Computer w/Microsoft Windows 10

Connecting HP Scanner to Computer w/Microsoft Windows 10: I have a new HP Officejet pro 6968 printer scanner on wireless mode to my PC with Windows 10. The printer works fine, but the scanner does not connect. All drivers are new as of 11/2018. How can I connect the scanning function?...