Windows 10: Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product?

Discus and support Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We want to check if windows keeps track of Windows defender versions as a separate security product or is it integrated with windows updates? When I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Prateek Goyal, May 15, 2019.

1. Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product?

We want to check if windows keeps track of Windows defender versions as a separate security product or is it integrated with windows updates?

When I check on windows 10, it gives following info:

Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product? 4ae0a4a2-c0ad-4c6d-ba0d-50feb80375df?upload=true.png

Out of this info, which one is Defender version, Antivirus product version and antispyware product version. Is firewall also a versioned product. Can I get firewall related info also?

:)

Prateek Goyal, May 15, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 15, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. Arctucas Win User

Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product?

What the hell, windows defender?

Big Brother knows what is best for you, why do you resist?

Arctucas, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product?

1. Does Microsoft keeps track of windows defender versions as a separate product? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft keeps

2. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  3. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep on changing versions?: Can it simply just apply upgrades to the existing version?It's so frustrating that new versions come up and when you're not updated, then you're left behind. But isn't the mantra 'no one should be left behind' hold true here?And many times the new version is worse off!...
  4. Why does Windows keep on changing versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my Windows 10 microsoft defender keep shutting off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Windows 10 microsoft defender keep shutting off?: Yesterday Microsoft defender started shutting off after I uninstalled Spybot destroy. Now that Spybot is gone microsoft defender doesn't want to stay on. I have resorted to installing Malwarebytes because I can't seem to understand what is going on. Any information will be...
  6. Why does my Windows 10 microsoft defender keep shutting off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Windows 10 microsoft defender keep shutting off?: Yesterday Microsoft defender started shutting off after I uninstalled Spybot destroy. Now that Spybot is gone microsoft defender doesn't want to stay on. I have resorted to installing Malwarebytes because I can't seem to understand what is going on. Any information will be...
  7. Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies?: My Norton Lifelock removes tracking cookies periodically. I'm seriously thinking of ditching Norton in favor of Defender, but I need a way to automatically identify tracking cookies so I can remove them. 178520
  8. How does windows track version upgrades

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How does windows track version upgrades: I got the surface pro 7 recently. The main purpose was for work, come to find out that Microsoft has taken a page out of the apple book of if we can charge a customer lets do it. To sign with profile that is my work 365 I have to have windows 10 pro. When I do the upgrade is...
  9. Windows Defender and Microsoft's E5 for ATP products

Windows Defender and Microsoft's E5 for ATP products: Scenario:- I have 2000 windows workstations( windows 8.1 on 1000 and windows 10 on the remaining workstations). Default windows Defender enabled and running on all of the 2000 workstations. I purchased Microsoft E5 licenses so i can use some of its ATP products/capabilities...
  10. does windows defender keep passwords?

does windows defender keep passwords?: Better know as a Password Manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-defender-keep-passwords/29145a44-6d00-4edf-87b1-b3f3c5985a0f"