Windows 10: Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops?

Discus and support Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/service for laptops?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slowthinker84, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops?

Hi, Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/service for laptops?

:)

slowthinker84, Jun 14, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. akhlaq768 Win User
    Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops?

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops?

1. Does microsoft or windows provide internet connection/services for laptops? - Similar Threads - Does microsoft provide

2. No internet connection on Microsoft Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection on Microsoft Services: Hi guys,I am having the problem, that i have no internet connection on most microsoft apps.When I launch Microsoft-Store, i get an error massage, that I have no internet connectionCode: 0x80131500; CV: tsoU4ItbR0GomkifagsK2A even though every other app has an internet...
  3. No internet connection on Microsoft Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection on Microsoft Services: Hi guys,I am having the problem, that i have no internet connection on most microsoft apps.When I launch Microsoft-Store, i get an error massage, that I have no internet connectionCode: 0x80131500; CV: tsoU4ItbR0GomkifagsK2A even though every other app has an internet...
  4. Can't connect to any Microsoft services. Not connected to the internet Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to any Microsoft services. Not connected to the internet Error: I just had this problem and after pulling out my hair I finally found the solution and wanted to share it with any other lost souls. If you are unable to connect to any microsoft service windows apps, windows games, bing, this site, etc. or other things like gmail or netflix...
  5. Can't connect to any Microsoft services. Not connected to the internet Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to any Microsoft services. Not connected to the internet Error: I just had this problem and after pulling out my hair I finally found the solution and wanted to share it with any other lost souls. If you are unable to connect to any microsoft service windows apps, windows games, bing, this site, etc. or other things like gmail or netflix...
  6. why microsoft is worst service provider?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why microsoft is worst service provider?: i bought hp laptop with i5 processor in 2012. it was originally windows 8.1. than came windows 10. i upgraded it. PROBLEM STARTED: THE POINTER KEEPS ON MOVING TOP LEFT CORNER OF THE DISPLAY. TILL TODAY i talked with windows services, many times. they took control...
  7. identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”: AADSTS50020: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services” and cannot access the application “29d9ed98-a469-4536-ade2-f981bc1d605e”Microsoft Authentication Broker in that tenant. The...
  8. Microsoft authorized service providers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft authorized service providers: Hi All. Can anyone tell me if a company in Sydney, Comnet IT Services, phone 1800-861-591 is an authorized Microsoft Service Provider? Thanks in advance....
  9. Staying connected to Streaming service provided by Directvnow

Staying connected to Streaming service provided by Directvnow: How can i stay connected more than 3 to 5 minutes on my PC with service from Directvnow streaming service? It's connected to the network internet. where do i go from their....
  10. Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop

Android hotspot provides "connected, no internet" to my laptop: Hello, When I use my android phone's (OnePlus 5T) mobile hotspot to connect to an other smartphone, it works fine, but when I connect the hotspot to my laptop, it says "connected, no internet". When I go to a website, Chrome says "There is no internet connection". I've...