Windows 10: Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM

Discus and support Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am looking to build a new pc and use windows 10. But the only place I feel safe buying keys is the Microsoft store. So when I buy and build my pc, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Syzole, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Syzole Win User

Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM

I am looking to build a new pc and use windows 10. But the only place I feel safe buying keys is the Microsoft store. So when I buy and build my pc, I want to buy a key from the Microsoft store. But are the keys from Microsoft store full or are they OEM cause I plan on changing the hardware.

:)

Syzole, Jul 16, 2020

2. Oem and retail license

Hi,

You may look at envelope and its content. Boxes have USB inside. OEM - DVD.

If you are suggested to buy OEM with electronic delivery, this highly likely is spoofing.

There are to classes OEM - DOEM (Direct OEM) and ordinary OEM.

The first is a large bunch of licenses Microsoft sells to large computer producers - HP, ASUS and so on. Such licenses will no distributed separately, only with computers.

An ordinary OEM is a cardboard package with installer's license sticked on it. Can you imagine a way to download it? I can't.

Igor Leyko, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Danielkra Win User
    Are there windows OEM licenses that are intended by specif regions

Does microsft sell Windows oem licenses where usage is for specific region? Meaning does microsoft sell windows oem licenses to poorer countries because of which pc activated whith such license is not allowed to be sold to other country.

Also is there way to see if windows oem even has such limits on usage based on region?

Danielkra, Jul 16, 2020
  4. JSmith Win User

Windows License stored in UEFI/BIOS

Since Windows 10 (or earlier?). It has become standard to store the license product key in the UEFI/BIOS.

I am in the market for buying a new (custom build, individual parts) PC with a new Windows 10 License.

However I was wondering (and can't find clear information on this subject). What the differences between the licenses are when it comes to OEM and Retail.

If in the far future I were to sell this PC:

1. Would the license (whether OEM or Retail), be stored in the UEFI/BIOS, where it could be used by the new owner?
    2. If so, can I remove the license key from the UEFI/BIOS?

I want to know this because I don't want to buy Windows 10 every single time I buy a new PC (since no new versions of Windows will be created, only updates).

JSmith, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Microsoft store sell full license or OEM - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft store

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  4. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...: Hello, I have a question about OEM windows activation licenses.I bought two windows activation keys at a low price on the website they said they were RETAIL. On the laptop I added an activation license and on the computer the other activation key. I mention that the laptop...
  5. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...: Hello, I have a question about OEM windows activation licenses.I bought two windows activation keys at a low price on the website they said they were RETAIL. On the laptop I added an activation license and on the computer the other activation key. I mention that the laptop...
  6. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to sell a laptop with oem windows 10 license: Hi everyone! I bought a laptop that has an OEM license. I have connected my Microsoft account to the laptop. I wonder if there is anything else that I have to do besides factory reset so the person that is going to buy it from me has access to Windows. submitted by...
  8. How to tell if my license is OEM or full ?

How to tell if my license is OEM or full ?: A few years back, I purchased a WIN 8 Pro license to grade my Dell laptop from WIN7 home to WIN 8 pro. Since WIN7 home came with the laptop, it was probably an OEM license. I want to retire the old Dell laptop. If my understanding is correct, I can move my WIN8 pro to my new...
  9. CCL selling windows OEM for cheaper than microsoft

CCL selling windows OEM for cheaper than microsoft: there is an online PC shop called CCL cclonline.com who are selling Windows 10 Home on a disc for £98.74 whereas Microsoft is selling it for £119.99. CCL is a reliable shop, I have used their services before but I don't know if this is the dark side of the company. Thanks...
  10. Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license

Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license: Is the Windows 10 USB product on the microsoft store an OEM license or a Retail license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-oem-license-or-retail-license/46f89348-83e1-42ae-9596-da45958257ca