Windows 10: Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?

Discus and support Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?If it is not supported, can anyone please share the link where microsoft has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tarun Kumar Nutulapati, May 22, 2024.

1. Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?

Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?If it is not supported, can anyone please share the link where microsoft has updated that support for Windows 10 on ARM based chip machines has been stopped.

:)

Tarun Kumar Nutulapati, May 22, 2024
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip

Hi Wade

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

There is no longer a Windows 10 for ARM processors, Microsoft have abandoned that in favor of Windows 11 for ARM, and even then, they do not support Windows 11 on an M1 chip.

If you can get an ISO of the Windows 10 for ARM, that will only be a preview version, and please be careful, you do not know if that ISO is original or has malware injected.

DaveM121, May 22, 2024
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 22, 2024
  4. Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?

Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip

I need to get the Windows 10 Arm download. I checked on the Microsoft website and only Windows 11 is only available. Does anyone have a copy of Windows 10 Arm so I can load it on Parallel for my Mac with an M1 chip?

WadeParacuelles, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?

1. Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft supports

2. Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?: Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?If it is not supported, can anyone please share the link where microsoft has updated that support for Windows 10 on ARM based chip machines has been stopped....
  3. Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?: Does Microsoft supports Windows 10 version on ARM based chip machines?If it is not supported, can anyone please share the link where microsoft has updated that support for Windows 10 on ARM based chip machines has been stopped....
  4. Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip: I need to get the Windows 10 Arm download. I checked on the Microsoft website and only Windows 11 is only available. Does anyone have a copy of Windows 10 Arm so I can load it on Parallel for my Mac with an M1 chip?...
  5. Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip

Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip: I need to get the Windows 10 Arm download. I checked on the Microsoft website and only Windows 11 is only available. Does anyone have a copy of Windows 10 Arm so I can load it on Parallel for my Mac with an M1 chip?...
  6. Windows 10 Arm Download for my Mac with a M1 Chip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows 11 supported chip ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 supported chip ?: hi,i want to upgrade to windows 11 will IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz be supported eventually - isn't now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-supported-chip/67c16fa4-01bf-407a-8a18-b5233e5beb8c
  8. windows 11 supported chip ?

windows 11 supported chip ?: hi,i want to upgrade to windows 11 will IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz be supported eventually - isn't now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-supported-chip/67c16fa4-01bf-407a-8a18-b5233e5beb8c
  9. Windows 10 on arm on the m1 chip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on arm on the m1 chip: So i have bought new a m1 macbook pro and i am very unfamiliar with mac os specially bigsur after being a long time windows and linux user.I installed ubuntu on arm but it is basically use less.So i wanted to ask when will u let us license windows on arm and let it run on...
  10. What's the future of Microsoft's ARM-based tablets?

in Windows 10 News
    What's the future of Microsoft's ARM-based tablets?: A few years back, Microsoft took an ambitious step to build a version of Windows that would run on ARM-based processors. At the time, this was a huge move, as many expected this new operating system, called Windows RT, to challenge the standard that Intel and AMD were the...