Windows 10: Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?

Discus and support Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to know if the update that you download on Microsoft update catalog affect window update. What I mean by that is once the update is installed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AshuraSky, May 28, 2022.

1. AshuraSky Win User

Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?

I want to know if the update that you download on Microsoft update catalog affect window update. What I mean by that is once the update is installed, once I check for updates in window update, will I still see the button to install that said update.

:)

AshuraSky, May 28, 2022
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, May 28, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft to Test Windows 7 Update System

Having propagated Windows 7 RC to a sizable amount of users, Microsoft has created an ideal environment to test the operating system's update system. To test it, Microsoft will release up to ten mock updates this week, starting from Tuesday. The updates do not affect the system in any way, except that they are used by Microsoft to test how the update system itself is able to deal with the various kinds of updates to the OS and its components, in various scenarios generated by people's different hardware configurations and software environments.

These however, won't be the first updates Windows 7 RC received so far. On May 7, Microsoft released a critical-update that fixes an important stability issue with the 32-bit version of Windows 7 RC. Most mock-updates will install automatically. A certain mock-update will also test a notification feature. This particular update will not install automatically, but rather the user will be prompted to install it (which is what is being tested). To decline from testing the updates, users must toggle Automatic Updates to a setting other than what the OS recommends. Under the hood, the mock-updates simply replace system files with their exact duplicates that are downloaded, hence the system isn't affected in any way. Tests such as these will help Microsoft come up with a much more stable OS when it finally releases.

Sources: WindowsTeamBlog, PC World

btarunr, May 28, 2022
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Update

2. Is Game Bar affected by Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Game Bar affected by Windows updates?: A couple days ago to a week, the Game Bar was not opening or responding when trying to capture clips of gameplay, nor was it opening when trying to open the application. I have hit the Windows Key + Alt + G to save a capture, but the notification hasn't popped up on my...
  3. Is Game Bar affected by Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Game Bar affected by Windows updates?: A couple days ago to a week, the Game Bar was not opening or responding when trying to capture clips of gameplay, nor was it opening when trying to open the application. I have hit the Windows Key + Alt + G to save a capture, but the notification hasn't popped up on my...
  4. Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Update Calalog affect windows update?: I want to know if the update that you download on Microsoft update catalog affect window update. What I mean by that is once the update is installed, once I check for updates in window update, will I still see the button to install that said update....
  5. Windows update 21H1 is affecting gaming performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 21H1 is affecting gaming performance.: I've spent thousands of dollars for a new computer & hardware, only for 2 years of performance. What is the point of spending all this money for a high-end computer, if it only lasts until a windows 10 update or graphics driver screws up the performance? The 21h1 update has...
  6. Does update pause affect the virus updates, and which pause to use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does update pause affect the virus updates, and which pause to use?: Because of COVID-2004, I must pause updates. Does this also pause the virus updates? Or, is there a pick and choose possibility? Also, the choices of pause are presented a typical Microsoft fashion. * There is a one click 7 day pause. Then there are three more choices are...
  7. updates consistently affecting keyboards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updates consistently affecting keyboards: Is anyone else getting seriously cheesed off with every update from microsoft screwing up any keyboard that's not a microsoft one? i have three now and every single time an update comes out they start misbehaving. Every time! Having to resort to my crappy USB keyboard...
  8. Windows 10 (updates) affecting work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 (updates) affecting work: As a graphic artist and 3D animator I often have to leave my pc on to render sequences overnight. Windows 10, "in all its wisdom", frequently reboots my machine to install updates against my better wishes. Last night it rebooted during a particularly important render which...
  9. Will Reinstalling Windows 10 affect Microsoft Office 2016 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Reinstalling Windows 10 affect Microsoft Office 2016 updates?: I'm planning to reinstall windows 10 and I know that it will remove Windows updates etc. Will it also remove Microsoft Office 2016 updates? Thanks 52566
  10. Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops?: Hello, I was planning to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC but I heard that the Creator's Update is coming out very soon. My question was that is it different from the current Windows 10 we all are using? Is the update going to be available to normal desktop and laptop...