Windows 10: Does minecraft stutter on hdd?

Discus and support Does minecraft stutter on hdd? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As some may know, i literally just replaced my hdd with a ssd. One thing i have noticed is minecraft seems much smoother, I've come to know that lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SandyPlayz86, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Does minecraft stutter on hdd?

As some may know, i literally just replaced my hdd with a ssd. One thing i have noticed is minecraft seems much smoother, I've come to know that lots of people do confuse lag with stuttering. With this ssd stuttering is reduced during world generation and gameplay, i can get around 50-300 fps on either hdd/ssd with a fps client such as labymod or badlion. But on my hdd minecraft still had some freeze ups during gameplay, and i read that this is cause my hdd was dropped a few times, and it started to skip a few beats. With the ssd my fps is staying almost the same, maybe 1-5% more, but the stuttering seems to have stopped/slowed down.

Am i right on that the freezing up and crashing sometimes was cause of the hdd being slow and getting a little beat up? Cause if so, I'm glad i decided to swap it. If not, well, I'm still glad i swapped it and learned how to install windows manually.

P.s i have a intel celeron 1017u and i am kinda amazed at the boost the ssd still managed to give me.

Anyways is it right that the stuttering/crashing games is cause the hdd was beat up/slow?

:)

SandyPlayz86, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Does minecraft stutter on hdd?

Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor

When im playing minecraft the mouse movement is stuttering when slightly losing fps. pls help me fix cuz this is very annoying

Arvin Al-Kautsar, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Does minecraft stutter on hdd?

1. Does minecraft stutter on hdd? - Similar Threads - Does minecraft stutter

2. why does my video files stutter on Fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my video files stutter on Fullscreen?: When i try to look at videos with any media player it consistently stutters on fullscreen, it doesn't stutter when i try to play it on a browser. when i go to my apps and video playback the preview is smooth when its small and stutters when its fullscreen as shown...
  3. Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutter/buzz whenever HDD usage is too high.: I've been having this issue ever since i upgraded from a Geforce 1050Ti to a 1660 SUPER. Basically, whenever the HDD usage reaches around 100/80%, the audio stutters really badly and video seems to freeze as well because of this, in simpler terms, think of it as the short...
  4. Minecraft does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft does not work: so i have downloaded minecraft on my computer , it was still working like 3 days ago but it suddenly stopped , every time I press on Minecraft it just comes up with a grey tab and that's it, I tried deleting it and then installing it back in but it still doesn't work , my...
  5. Minecraft for Windows does not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows does not launch: Anyone else recently found that Minecraft for Windows 10 no longer launches but instead after the Mojang screen it just flickers? I have tried pretty much everything suggested to fix this but nothing makes any difference. I am running Minecraft on an older HP Pavilion x2...
  6. Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 stuttering cursor: When im playing minecraft the mouse movement is stuttering when slightly losing fps. pls help me fix cuz this is very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-stuttering-cursor/76314342-03d8-4cc7-9623-1645cfada5aa
  7. Audio stutter after HDD to SSD migration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutter after HDD to SSD migration: I recently changed my system over from a standard HDD to an SSD drive. I used a 3rd party tool to clone my old HDD to the SSD then removed the old HDD. After this, while everything else seems to be running smoothly, my audio is not. Any program/video/etc that I run, the audio...
  8. Sound does not work in Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound does not work in Minecraft: There is no sound while I am playing Minecraft. This situation started ever since I deleted and reinstalled every file in AppData>Local>Packages. I installed Minecraft after this and there was no sound to be heard. I reset the app, turned of sound enhancements, and deleted...
  9. Minecraft does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft does not work: Hi, I recently purchased Minecraft on the Microsoft store and when I was playing the app shut down and when I try to play on servers it says that I need to unlock the full game although I had just bought it. I have tried to uninstall and re install the game, restart my...
  10. Stuttering only in Minecraft on Mid-End PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering only in Minecraft on Mid-End PC: Hello, I have a problem. When I play Minecraft it's stutters so much (laggs for 0.25sec per 2sec). When my problem is "active" game looks like to cap my fps around 110. Other games works fine. I tried reinstall the game, java, gpu drivers and it wont help. I had these laggs...