Windows 10: Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live?

Discus and support Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know Minecraft Pocket Edition comes with Xbox Live for free so you can log in and play with friends anywhere, but on an Xbox you have to buy Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlieWard1, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live?

I know Minecraft Pocket Edition comes with Xbox Live for free so you can log in and play with friends anywhere, but on an Xbox you have to buy Xbox Live to play online multiplayer. I'm wondering if Windows 10 Edition comes with it or if I will have to purchase it again after my subscription expires in May.

:)

CharlieWard1, Feb 23, 2019
  2. AnonyDan Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition not connecting to my XBOX Live account.

I've already looked up my problem and found a list of reasons why my Windows 10 Edition of Minecraft on the PC wasn't connecting to my XBOX Live account. I found out that my purchase of the game wasn't through my Microsoft account, which was one of the
    reasons for me not connecting to XBOX Live was. Whenever I click sign into XBOX Live in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, it comes up with a little gray box for about 2-3 seconds and then cuts out and does nothing. It says something about a making a free XBOX
    Live account, so I don't understand why I'd have even needed to purchase it through my PC's Microsoft account. That's strange.

AnonyDan, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 on XBox One

Hi Taylor,

Players who already have the previous PC or Mac edition of Minecraft (running on Java) can download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
    You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network.
    To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Were you able to download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on your PC?
    • Did you purchase a copy of Minecraft for Xbox One?

The games that you can play on your Xbox console and your PC without paying additional costs are called Xbox play Anywhere Games. You may click on this

link
    to check the list of Xbox Play Anywhere games.

You can play with up to four other people running Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition or Pocket Edition on your local network. You can also play online with up to four of your Xbox Live friends in online multiplayer gaming. If you purchased or redeemed the code
    for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition you can only use it on a Windows 10 PC.

For more information about Minecraft on Windows 10, you may visit this
    link

Loraine Mon, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Salamano1 Win User

Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live?

Using Minecraft Windows 10 Edition with XBOX Live

So... This has been 7 days+ in the making, but after going back and forth between calling and live-chatting with Microsoft Technical Support and XBOX technical support, 'they' have recommended I "ask the community". Here goes.

I have a child who loves Minecraft -- so rare.

She has downloaded "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition" for her laptop, and wants to play it online with her friends. This is done in conjunction with XBOX live, but does not require an XBOX in order to play (it just uses their servers to host people across different
    platforms).

However, it does require certain "Privacy and Safety Settings" to be set up. This has to be set within XBOX.COM, located here:

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings

When on this page, you should see your Gamertag (as the parent) followed by the Gamertags of your children. You can verify who is a child on your account by reviewing your "Microsoft Family" here:

Microsoft account | Your family

However... in my case, I do NOT see my child's Gamertag on the XBOX Settings page, even though she is properly listed and active as a child on my Microsoft Family page. It lists no children on my XBOX account, just my own Gamertag.

This results in her receiving the following messages when trying to access the multiplayer aspects of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition ---

"You cannot add friends because of how your XBOX LIVE account is set up. This can be changed in your 'Privacy and online safety settings' on XBOX.COM"

and

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your XBOX LIVE account is set up. This can be changed in your 'Privacy and online safety settings' on XBOX.COM"

We have repeatedly followed the seemingly simple instructions within both Microsoft and XBOX.COM to add my child. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. We have conducted live chat sessions with XBOX and Microsoft both, but what should be simple
    is just not working correctly.

We do not see our child's Gamertag listed alongside the parent on our XBOX account, and as a result can't adjust the specific settings required for her to convince XBOX to give her the access. Even when I have my own settings correctly adjusted it does not
    flow down to her account.

I want this to work properly, and as intended... My child as a child on my XBOX account, but with the proper permissions so that she can play this stupid game and leave me alone...

For moderators interested in not suggesting something I've already tried, here's a session number to review first:

Any new revelation and things to try will be greatly appreciated Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live? :) By her more than me.

- Frustrated parent in a no-win situation

Salamano1, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live?

1. Does Minecraft Windows 10 Edition come with Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - Does Minecraft Edition

2. windows minecraft with Xbox Live Gold

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows minecraft with Xbox Live Gold: Hello, I have a xbox live gold and would like to install minecraft for windows. Can I use the live gold and not buy minecratf again? I have minecraft installed on the XBOX, Can I use the sane key? If so, How can I restore the key? Thanks in advance Itai Blaiman...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 Xbox Live Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Xbox Live Error: I keep trying to login to xbox live through windows 10 edition of minecraft. The account won't login on the microsoft store or any method using applications on my PC but works on browser. On windows 10 edition I get "A specified logon session does not exist. It may have...
  4. minecraft windows 10 edition xbox live account

minecraft windows 10 edition xbox live account: I bought minecraft windows 10 edition but I can not log into my xbox live account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-edition-xbox-live-account/fb2f925f-b874-4b78-9ed5-5232eb874a6e"
  5. Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Unable to connect to Xbox Live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: I purchased Minecraft W10 Edition recently and it seems I have to sign into Xbox Live in order to play any sort of online, so obviously I do, but when I click it takes a ridiculous amount of time for it to load, but when it “finishes” it shows the Xbox logo and “please...
  6. I can't log into xbox live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into xbox live on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: I can't log into my xbox live account on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I redeemed a code to switch from java to windows on the same microsoft account, but when I press sign in it says I have to buy it. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Xbox Ambassador badges are coming to Xbox Live

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Ambassador badges are coming to Xbox Live: Big news—Ambassador badges are coming to Xbox Live We may have hinted a bit in the headline, but we have some unparalleled news to share today. As noted in the Xbox Ambassadors In-Progress Feedback Tracker, we have heard community feedback around more recognition for Xbox...
  8. Windows 10 minecraft with xbox live and multiplayer servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 minecraft with xbox live and multiplayer servers: Hello, I recently downloaded the windows 10 edition of Minecraft and couldn't play in multiplayer servers as it tells me that my account can't play due to the way my account was installed, I should be able to change this in the privacy settings of my xbox account. I looked...
  9. Cant sign in to xbox live account in Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in to xbox live account in Minecraft Windows 10 edition: Everytime I try to sign in, it says "We tried to sign you in to your Xbox Live account, but something went wrong". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/cant-sign-in-to-xbox-live-account-in-minecraft/df170ac2-9340-4b28-b67f-8f2d1e10e4ee
  10. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is Coming to Oculus Rift

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is Coming to Oculus Rift: In June, we shared that Xbox and Oculus were partnering to usher in a new era of virtual reality gaming and that we’d have more to share soon. That day has arrived, as we’re very excited to announce that Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition will support Oculus Rift and will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does an xbox come with minecraft