Windows 10: Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

Discus and support Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"?Hi:Microsoft I think it's time for Microsoft to pay attention to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AleKarl, May 20, 2022.

1. AleKarl Win User

Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"?Hi:Microsoft I think it's time for Microsoft to pay attention to this issue.win10100%,PC,3,,,Many people complain that the win10 system has a 100% occupancy rate. In fact, when I write this discussion on my personal PC, my desktop has not responded three times. emm, the situation where there are no desktop icons is repeated.microsoft communityHowever, I have fed back this terrible problem in Microsoft community before.Win10,

:)

AleKarl, May 20, 2022

2. There is a problem with the driver for Standard SATA AHCI Controller

I have been having problems with my Dell XPS 13 9343 for a while, with a few reoccurring problems:

1) It regularly crashes,

2) Often when I turn it back on after standby, the screen dimensions will change to random dimensions

3) When I tried to update windows 8 to windows 10 it wouldn't update.

I have run anti-malware software, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I just ran Troubleshooting on Hardware and Devise, and it came up with the message "There is a problem with the driver for Standard SATA AHCI Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."
    But when clicked to apply the fix, it said "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix the issues found, Stand Standard SATA AHCI Controller has a driver problem".

I don't know if this is the reason I'm having issues with my laptop, but I'd really appreciate some advice on how to fix these problems.

Elliefay22, May 20, 2022
  3. Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to a SSD or I will simply use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver instead?

I've just recently upgraded my laptop HDD to an SSD and clone the HDD contents to the new SSD. Do you think that I need to update my AHCI driver to Intel's AHCI driver or use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver instead?

Marr Raimund Salcedo, May 20, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

Do I need to update my SATA AHCI driver to Intel's version of the driver when I upgrade to a SSD or I will simply use the Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver instead?

Hi Marr

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

The Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver is generally used when the manufacturer of your PC does not provide a SATA Controller driver specifically for your PC, and the Intel option should only be installed if that is recommended for your PC

I will look into this for you, what is the Make and exact Model no. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing of your PC . . .

DaveM121, May 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA... - Similar Threads - Does MircoSoft intend

2. Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...: Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"?Hi:Microsoft I think it's time for Microsoft to pay attention to this issue.win10100%,PC,3,,,Many people complain that the win10 system has a 100% occupancy rate. In fact, when I write this discussion on my...
  3. Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...: Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"?Hi:Microsoft I think it's time for Microsoft to pay attention to this issue.win10100%,PC,3,,,Many people complain that the win10 system has a 100% occupancy rate. In fact, when I write this discussion on my...
  4. SATA DVD Rewriter Driver for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA DVD Rewriter Driver for Windows 11: I have an old DVD Drive Hitachi HL Model GH50N - ROM Version B100 from an old desktop that I am trying to use on my new Samsung Book Pro 360 running Windows 11. I have it connected using a USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD cable.The notebook will not recognize the drive when I...
  5. SATA DVD Rewriter Driver for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA DVD Rewriter Driver for Windows 11: I have an old DVD Drive Hitachi HL Model GH50N - ROM Version B100 from an old desktop that I am trying to use on my new Samsung Book Pro 360 running Windows 11. I have it connected using a USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD cable.The notebook will not recognize the drive when I...
  6. SATA AHCI controller

SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  7. DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!

DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!: Yup, you heard me... Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI performs a lot better, and easy on the CPU fan than the Intel ACHI driver. I updated on two of my desktop pcs, one is stuck at startup diagnoses bootloop, and the other one is drying every bit of juice from the fan on...
  8. need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller

need driver Standard SATA AHCI Controller: Hello, Dell XPS 13 9343 8 GB RAM 512 GB SSD I would get the Blue Screen of Death BSOD, even though Device Manager showed no issues. So I twice did a clean install of the latest Windows 10 available through the MediaCreationTool20H2, and then did all Windows Updates,...
  9. Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.

Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.: I've downloaded the last version of AMD Chipset drivers, but in the Devices Manager I can see: Standard SATA AHCI Controller provided by Microsoft (June 2006). It's this correct or maybe must be substituted by the ("some") new controller by AMD? Thanks in advance for your...
  10. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...