Windows 10: Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

Discus and support Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Corsair launched Corsair RM850 that claims to be modern standby compatible . So modern standby needs this kind of PSU to work? What about other PSUs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndersonNunes900, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

Corsair launched Corsair RM850 that claims to be modern standby compatible .

So modern standby needs this kind of PSU to work?

What about other PSUs ?

I didnt find other PSU that claims to be modern standby compatible, so I am not understanding

what is going on...

:)

AndersonNunes900, Aug 19, 2019
  2. t0yz Win User

Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

3. Brink Win User
    Can't enable Modern Standby

Correct. "Modern Standby" is the new name for "Connected Standby".

The Z390 chipset is suppose to allow "Modern Standby" support on desktop PCs now. I'm not having much luck currently though.

Brink, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

Which Laptops support Modern Standby ?

I called the Microsoft Store, Dell Support and Lenovo sales support.

I asked which systems they had that supported Modern Standby (Consumer or Business Systems).

No one had heard of Modern Standby. The Microsoft Store person didn't even recommend the Surface Pro, which I found out through a PCmag Review, has Modern Standby but Microsoft Sales support did not confirm.

Thanks,

Steve

Paul.Review.2020, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ?

1. Does modern standby need compatible PSU to work ? - Similar Threads - Does modern standby

2. Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC problem: Hello all,I have an issue with Modern Standby and HDMI-CEC-enabled devices. My Intel NUC 11 PC supports sending HDMI-CEC commands to power on/off devices connected to the PC I have an AV receiver and OLED TV when it goes to sleep or wakes up. This is configurable in BIOS....
  3. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  4. windows 11 modern standby

windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  5. Does Bit Locker work without Modern Standby?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Bit Locker work without Modern Standby?: Hi all,I'm running Windows 11 Pro on an AMD 3900x processor and a ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboard.Under System Information as administrator, Device Encryption Support is reporting: 'Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed...
  6. Does Bit Locker work without Modern Standby?

Does Bit Locker work without Modern Standby?: Hi all,I'm running Windows 11 Pro on an AMD 3900x processor and a ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboard.Under System Information as administrator, Device Encryption Support is reporting: 'Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed...
  7. 20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20H1 Sleepstudy report does not show modern standby: I have a few laptops that support modern/connected standby S0 Low Power Idle but after upgrading them to 20H1 OS Build 19041 I realised that the sleepstudy report no longer shows connected standby but instead it shows sleep instead. I need the sleepstudy report to analyse the...
  8. Windows 10 Crashing in Modern Standby

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing in Modern Standby: As the title says, I've found from a SleepStudy report produced using Windows Powercfg that my computer is often crashing when it goes into Modern Standby -- generally for periods of longer than an hour. This has happened 3 times in the past 4 days. I think it has something...
  9. I need to enable back Modern Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    I need to enable back Modern Standby: I have a Lenovo Yoga C930 and if I disable Modern Standby, my laptop don't turn on after sleep state ! Yes, I can see all the power plan on Power Options->Create a power plan, but I need to enable back Modern Standby in order to be able to use my laptop from sleep state when...
  10. No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device: I can't find any information about this, but did MS, for whatever reason, remove the toggle option on the WiFi settings to turn off WiFi during modern standby? The option isn't available anymore for my laptop. I am speaking about this option: https://i.imgur.com/jD6odQx.png...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modern standby psu

2. atx psu modern standby requirements

3. modern standby compatible psu?