Windows 10: Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?

Discus and support Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just did a fresh install of Win 10 on the 128 GB SDD. On the 500 GB HDD, I deleted and recreated a partition on the entire disk. Thereafter I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ventonrohlfs, May 23, 2022.

1. Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?

I just did a fresh install of Win 10 on the 128 GB SDD. On the 500 GB HDD, I deleted and recreated a partition on the entire disk. Thereafter I checked the drives with the Win 10 Disk Manager. There was a BitLocker partition on the SDD that had the OS on it. The empty HDD was also designated as a Bitlocker partition. Note that Bitlocker was not enabled when I checked the disks, and I did not enable it.In a past post, it was suggested to move C\Users SSD to D:\Users HDD so the SSD will have only Windows and programs and the HDD will have the Users profiles and data.Does the suggestion chang

:)

Ventonrohlfs, May 23, 2022
  2. Megahertz Win User

Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?

A happy new year for you too.

Congratulations, it seems very good and clean. I only don't see the Recovery partition after the C: partition.
    Can I see a Explorer view of the two drives?

"Dicas" means "tips" in Portuguese. They are for Win 7 but can apply for Win 10.

This is my Explorer view of the two drives (120G SSD and 1T HDD) It's my Win 7 drive but I have the same for Win 10

Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives? [​IMG]

Megahertz, May 23, 2022
  3. louarnold Win User

Thank you...it was fun.
    The Recovery Partition was never there and I don't want it there. It may be wise to create it to the HDD...we'll see.

What do the tips do? What are they useful for?

File explorer drive display:

louarnold, May 23, 2022
  4. louarnold Win User

Happy New Year to you too!
    In fact, I checked the drives with GParted. There was only the SSD and it was all unallocated. I have imported the current Disk Mgr display. In any case. this did not go badly or take long, so I can try it again. BUT, I don't want any BitLocker partitions, pls.
    Shall I proceed again?
    And what is DICAS SSD about in the SSD.txt file?

louarnold, May 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives? - Similar Threads - Does Move advice

2. Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 on the 128 GB SDD. On the 500 GB HDD, I deleted and recreated a partition on the entire disk. Thereafter I checked the drives with the Win 10 Disk Manager. There was a BitLocker partition on the SDD that had the OS on it. The empty HDD was...
  3. Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Move advice change because of the BL partitions on BOTH drives?: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 on the 128 GB SDD. On the 500 GB HDD, I deleted and recreated a partition on the entire disk. Thereafter I checked the drives with the Win 10 Disk Manager. There was a BitLocker partition on the SDD that had the OS on it. The empty HDD was...
  4. Move the boot partition to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move the boot partition to another drive?: My situation is as follows: My Desktop has 2 different SSDs: First has a WS19 install and the boot partition, Second has only the Windows 10 partition. I want to delete the WS19 partition and move W10 into its place. Am I right, that I have to keep the original boot...
  5. Partition advice please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition advice please: Hi Sometime next week I'm getting a new computer it has a 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD I assume the SSD will be the one with Windows installed So my question is how big does a windows partition need to be to future proof for updates and such 170805
  6. Moving boot partition to another drive

Moving boot partition to another drive: I've found very mixed things about this, most making it seem too difficult to be worthwhile. I have Windows 10 dual booting with OSX, and for some reason, Windows put its bootloader on my HDD which I use solely for backup purposes. Windows itself is installed to its own SSD....
  7. Is the System Reserves partition necessary when having EFI partition? I have both because I...

Is the System Reserves partition necessary when having EFI partition? I have both because I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yaminme [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhlphf/is_the_system_reserves_partition_necessary_when/
  8. Moving partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving partitions: Hi, I wanted to reorder/arrange the disk. How can I move the OEM partition to the 2nd location such that C drive will be 3rd partition . Please see attached snapshot. 143845
  9. Move recovery drive to a separate partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move recovery drive to a separate partition: Hi, I created the USB recovery drive successfully with the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive". Since I needed the USB for another purpose, I transferred the files from the USB to a separate partition on an external HDD and made this drive bootable using...
  10. 10 on both partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 on both partitions: Hi, Just curious, I have dual booted 10 and 7 but is it possible to install the 10 upgrade on the 7 partition and run as two seperate OS as I do now? 90016