Windows 10: Does "MS Defender" work?

Discus and support Does "MS Defender" work? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam: Since I bought this PC w10, I use the build-in "MS Defender" for "AV" Today I check the"Defender":... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HonglinZhao, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Does "MS Defender" work?

Dear Sir/Madam:

Since I bought this PC w10, I use the build-in "MS Defender" for "AV"

Today I check the"Defender":

C:/Program File/Winders Defender/Offline/OfflineScannerShell.exe

It says:

OfflineScannerShell. exe System Error: Can not find mpclient.dll

Reinstall it please.

What should I do? -- Zhao

:)

HonglinZhao, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Redthatch Win User

MS Defender Won't Load After Upgrade to Windows 10 Ver 1511

Attempted every step in document provided by Microsoft

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Nothing worked, HOWEVER, the last step is to Delete Conflicting Registry Entries. My registry contains one of the entries listed (MsMpEng.exe) however, REGEDIT could not delete this entry as I was directed.

Problem still exists; as soon as I start MS Defender, it stops.

Any further suggestions?

Redthatch, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Does "MS Defender" work?

Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Does "MS Defender" work?

1. Does "MS Defender" work? - Similar Threads - Does Defender

2. My laptop does not have built-in Windows defender, even though I thought windows 11 pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop does not have built-in Windows defender, even though I thought windows 11 pro...: Now I downloaded malwarebytes which seems to be 14 days free. How can I get my pc to have windows defender back up and running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-have-built-in-windows-defender/53a654e9-79a9-4f7b-b9f3-942e7c3c9970
  3. My laptop does not have built-in Windows defender, even though I thought windows 11 pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop does not have built-in Windows defender, even though I thought windows 11 pro...: Now I downloaded malwarebytes which seems to be 14 days free. How can I get my pc to have windows defender back up and running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-does-not-have-built-in-windows-defender/53a654e9-79a9-4f7b-b9f3-942e7c3c9970
  4. WIN10 Windows Defender Offline does not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN10 Windows Defender Offline does not work: WIN10PRO 22H2, build 19045.4239, Lenovo Ideapad Z510 : Windows Defender Offline has not work last 2 days, no error message, the system gives a promt to reboot, but nothing happens.Done: Windows Defender full checking - OKDone: Malwarebytes 4.6.6 checking - OKWhat to do?Tanks!...
  5. WIN10 Windows Defender Offline does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Windows Defender Offline does not work: WIN10PRO 22H2, build 19045.4239, Lenovo Ideapad Z510 : Windows Defender Offline has not work last 2 days, no error message, the system gives a promt to reboot, but nothing happens.Done: Windows Defender full checking - OKDone: Malwarebytes 4.6.6 checking - OKWhat to do?Tanks!...
  6. WIN10 Windows Defender Offline does not work

7. Does anyone know how to gain full access to the windows defender ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to gain full access to the windows defender ?: I recently switched to another account on my Lenovo laptop and I gave the account the admin role since I wasnt going to use the previous one. Then I reseted my laptop and I found out that that I cant access the defender, its just blank. It tells me that my IT administrator...
  8. Does anyone know how to gain full access to the windows defender ?

Does anyone know how to gain full access to the windows defender ?: I recently switched to another account on my Lenovo laptop and I gave the account the admin role since I wasnt going to use the previous one. Then I reseted my laptop and I found out that that I cant access the defender, its just blank. It tells me that my IT administrator...
  9. Does anyone know how to gain full access to the windows defender ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Defender/Security does not show, tried every fix I can find,cannot see firewall.

Defender/Security does not show, tried every fix I can find,cannot see firewall.: Defender/Security does not show, tried every fix I can find,cannot see firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defendersecurity-does-not-show-tried-every-fix-i/ac22f867-80f9-426c-bb75-601d07f8184f