Windows 10: Does MS give Office 2016-licenses away for free?

Discus and support Does MS give Office 2016-licenses away for free? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I entered my personal ms-account with no 365-subscription attached in a fresh 365-setup on a fresh install of 21H1, it went on to install Office... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Doane, May 7, 2021.

1. Doane Win User

Does MS give Office 2016-licenses away for free?

When I entered my personal ms-account with no 365-subscription attached in a fresh 365-setup on a fresh install of 21H1, it went on to install Office 2016 which was then activated. Have I ever bought 2016 and forgot, or is MS playing nice?

:)

Doane, May 7, 2021

2. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, May 7, 2021
  3. MS office 2016 standard complete removal.

Thank for your suggest.

i have already done with this step. After done this, system remain showing all Office 2016 application and still opening.

Regards

Yogesha naik

YogeshaNaik, May 7, 2021
  4. albert1 Win User

MS Office 2016 installation problems

Ok tried to re-install MS Office 2016 a second time and now it runs however each time I open a MS Office 2016 app such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.

I'm prompted with a message box that states.

How do you want to activate your software?

[x] I want to activate the software over the Internet (recommended)
    [ ] I want to activate the software by telephone

This product will remain unlicensed until you activate your product (Click help for more information)

If I select the first one "over the Internet" and click "Next"

I receive a message from the Activation Wizard

Your copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 cannot be activated because the specified Product Key has already been activated the maximum numbers of times permitted for your software license as specified in the Microsoft Software Terms. For details about the maximum allowed number of product activation, click help and then search for "Read the Microsoft Software License Terms".

If I select over the telephone it shows me

Step 1 a telephone number to call

Step 2. When prompted enter installation ID (with 9 set of number each consisting of 7 numbers)

Step 3 Enter confirmation ID here (empty boxes to enter confirmation ID

I would call the Microsoft telephone number 866-421-7141 however my cell phone doesn't have reception at my home location. I need to travel 12 miles north in order to send or receive calls.

albert1, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Does MS give Office 2016-licenses away for free? - Similar Threads - Does Office 2016

2. windows license in giving away a pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows license in giving away a pc: Hi, I'm getting a brand new pc and am gifting my old one to my brother. I want to format the drives before I give it to him. Does this erase windows 10 and if/if not will he need to get a new license? It's a volume_mak license. Also will my license stay on the old pc and is...
  3. Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional: Friends computer hard drive died. Replaced it with an ssd, installed Win10 and now I need Ms Office 2016 Professional. There's a million listings with prices all over the board. I never liked buying software from just anyone but the company I have used for years has exited...
  4. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  5. Is there really free MS Office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there really free MS Office?: Hello, everyone. My old notebook gave up the ghost. The new one, of course, doesn't have Office installed. After x-years I also have no more access data. Now I am looking for a free version. Does anyone of you have a tip or link for me? Thank you. Gibt es wirklich...
  6. MS Office 2016

MS Office 2016: Where can I download Office Pro Plus 2016. I Have it and have Key for it but takes a long time to download. want to have Disk Image of it. 140675
  7. MS office Excel 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS office Excel 2016: How do I apply a new Theme Font to existing workbooks created with another Theme so that all fonts are changed to the new Theme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-excel-2016/1465ff54-f342-4038-85bf-30d61a970d98
  8. MS Office 2016 installation problems

MS Office 2016 installation problems: Hello, I'm running a PC with Windows 10 64-bit installed. I purchased a new copy of Microsoft Office 2016 to upgrade the installed Microsoft Office 2007. I think I made a mistake of not first uninstalling Office 2007 before installation of Office 2016 as ended up running...
  9. MS Office Outlook 2016 - Moving away from POP3

in Browsers and Email
    MS Office Outlook 2016 - Moving away from POP3: I currently have 3 email accounts that download to Outlook 2016 using POP3. All accounts download into the same Inbox within Outlook and then I move each to relevant sub-folders as necessary. I have stuck with using POP3 mainly because I tend to just use a desktop computer...
  10. Free MS Office Alternative

Free MS Office Alternative: For those who would like an alternative to Microsoft Office for one reason or another (cost mainly), here's a free alternative; WPS for Business: Get a one-year WPS Office Business license for free - CNET 38182