Windows 10: Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

Discus and support Does Ms understand what SERVERS are in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Playing around with Ms 2016 SERVER What on earth is Ms playing at -- there's no minimal GUI on basic version but on the "GUI" versions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 6, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

Hi there

Playing around with Ms 2016 SERVER

What on earth is Ms playing at -- there's no minimal GUI on basic version but on the "GUI" versions why are there rediculous features such as XBOX, ONLINE, Airplane mode, Blue tooth etc --IT's A SERVER for goodness sake !!!!!!!!.

W10 drivers work where needed though.

It would be nice though for a minimal GUI so you can maintain VM's from the same local machine as the server without having all that extra stuff which almost simulates a DESKTOP Workstation !!!!!!!!.

(Nothing against Xbox users - but hardly needed on a bog standard SERVER which is basically providing a few VM's and files).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 6, 2017
  2. Hentiki Win User

No new display languages after Mango update?

Yeah so I first thought was well...
    so I contacted HTC support and they said it was all up to Microsoft...

Now what I don't understand is; the update, is that pushed from MS central server and if so, has every phone manufacturer already handed MS their custom ROMs for each phone?

Hentiki, May 6, 2017
  3. wlan + radius authentication

Hello,

i dont know what types of radius server your using? what types of security? enabled Proxcy? MS radius server or another party server? AP is configured to support radius server? Does your radius server support your Nokia Phone ?

so many questions in my mind and everything must be configured in order to be able to connect to radius server.

for the Better solution contact your Network Administrator he/she can connect you to radius server.

thanks

downloader---01, May 6, 2017
  4. Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

Have server will travel, lol. *chuckle

alphanumeric, May 6, 2017
Thema:

Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

1. Does Ms understand what SERVERS are - Similar Threads - Does understand SERVERS

2. what does it mean that the DNS server is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does it mean that the DNS server is not responding?: What am i supposed to type here i already asked the question? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-that-the-dns-server-is-not/1a994bd5-b676-4a81-9a9d-865230fd4a6e
  3. What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server: For this case my FortiGate Firewall policy is not allow the Server to access internet.Blocked by firewall policy What Port number and Server address of MS activation server to set the FortiGate Firewall policy to allow the connection when I need to activate MS Windows...
  4. What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server: For this case my FortiGate Firewall policy is not allow the Server to access internet.Blocked by firewall policy What Port number and Server address of MS activation server to set the FortiGate Firewall policy to allow the connection when I need to activate MS Windows...
  5. What is server Colocation and How Does It Work?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    What is server Colocation and How Does It Work?: Colocation is the lease of physical space and infrastructure for IT equipment in a data center. This service is of interest to companies that do not have the ability to ensure the presence and stable operation of servers on their own premises. What are the pros and cons of...
  6. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19): Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!! Nothing wrong with...
  7. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

in Windows 10 Support
    Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19): Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!! Nothing wrong with...
  8. What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand: Morning/Afternoon all After now what seems to have been a massive mistake in wiping my PC to start fresh i'm having a massive issue with Windows Defender. I use Bullguard as it is the most solid firewall/AV i have used in years, Never had any issues before in telling...
  9. Dont understand what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dont understand what is wrong?: HELLO I am hoping someone can help me here. I installed Windows 10 on my Hp CQ62 215DX and it installe djust fine but when it goes to set up it just keeps coming up with a weird word and says (OOBEREGION) the next on is (OOBEKEYBOARD|0 "Something wnet wrong , you...
  10. Help me understand SQL Server

in Windows 10 Support
    Help me understand SQL Server: While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several...