Windows 10: Does my camera have a hardware or software problem?

Discus and support Does my camera have a hardware or software problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad and my integrated camera has been randomly not working. For a few days, the camera will work perfectly fine with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/winterstorm813, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Does my camera have a hardware or software problem?

Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad and my integrated camera has been randomly not working. For a few days, the camera will work perfectly fine with Windows Camera and video calls, but on other days, launching the Windows Camera app causes errors like "can't start your camera" or "we can't find your camera." I also noticed that on the days it doesn't work, when I press the F8 key to enable/disable the camera, it only shows a camera with a slash. When it is working, I can press F8 and it functions properly, enabling and disabling the camera and Windows Camera responds appropriately.

When it wasn't working, I tried disabling my antivirus, restarting the laptop, and updating camera drivers, but none of that worked. Does anyone know what can be wrong with my laptop or how I can fix it and if it's more likely to be a software or a hardware problem? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

submitted by /u/winterstorm813
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/winterstorm813, Oct 20, 2020

2. +Connecting Camera

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before to begin with troubleshooting,I would like
    you to answer the following questions:

• Provide me the make/model of pc and camera?

• Did you get any error message?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1:Update the driver

After the install to Windows 10, the drivers for the camera may have not been Installed. I would suggest that you install the drivers for the camera and check.

a. Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
    “Start”
    icon.

b. Select ‘Device manager’.

c. Expand ‘Camera”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel
    > troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices

follow the instructions.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Does my camera have a hardware or software problem?

camera proplem

Hello Laila,

It might be possible that an outdated driver is causing the camera not to work correctly. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any software/hardware changes made on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers on your computer and check if you're having the same problem?

For the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article
    on how to resolve problems with using your camera in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Does my camera have a hardware or software problem?

1. Does my camera have a hardware or software problem? - Similar Threads - Does camera hardware

2. I have a probleme in my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a probleme in my camera: I have a probleme in my camera it shows this erreur code : "0xA00F4244 NoCamerasAreAttached" also the is no camera in the device manager what can I do to solve this problem ? I tried evry solution but nothing happens...
  3. I have a problem with my camera....

I have a problem with my camera....: I have recently purchased a lenovo legion 5 pro windows 11 and for the first month my camera worked normally but now it is just a black screen. I tried resolving the issue with Troubleshoot yet to no avail. Any suggestions what else could I do?...
  4. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finding for Hardware and Software Problems: Hi! I want to find and check whether are there any issues in my windows 10 PC's hardware and software. What is the best and the most appropriate way to do this and give out the 100% correct problems in my hardware and software......
  5. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding for Hardware and Software Problems: Hi! I want to find and check whether are there any issues in my windows 10 PC's hardware and software. What is the best and the most appropriate way to do this and give out the 100% correct problems in my hardware and software......
  6. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

7. Camera color settings - Software of hardware presets?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera color settings - Software of hardware presets?: I am using a Lenova Thinkpad, was recently on a ZOOM meeting and the onboard camera turned off. After the meeting I rebooted the computer to no avail then went looking for camera settings - reset all visible toggles and didn't check again until next zoom meeting. Camera was...
  8. Multiple hardware/software problems

Multiple hardware/software problems: I'm having multiple hardware a software problems now including: One of my 3.0 drives disconnecting and reconnecting. Morse beeps and different volumes. Sudden lag spikes. Broken copy and pasting. Overheating problems My computer charger and battery has recently been...
  9. Unsure if it is software or hardware problem...

Unsure if it is software or hardware problem...: When starting my laptop the screen goes black before it finishes loading, unless I unplug the power source, then it comes back on. Plug it in and it goes out, unplug and it comes back on. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? It is an older Lenovo laptop, probably...
  10. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?: Yesterday, I published a 3 x 6 feet banner in Office Publisher, saved it into PDF and PNG format and shutdown my laptop. After a few minutes, I turned on my laptop to edit these files. When my laptop turned on, I didn't see two partitions (Disk D and Disk E) but Disk C where...