Windows 10: Does my data transfer with me if I change family groups

Discus and support Does my data transfer with me if I change family groups in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I am looking to transfer my account from one family group to another. Will all my data etc transfer with me when I do this? Or is there something I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GillMore1, Apr 12, 2021.

1. GillMore1 Win User

Does my data transfer with me if I change family groups

Hi

I am looking to transfer my account from one family group to another. Will all my data etc transfer with me when I do this? Or is there something I need to do first in order not to lose all I have stored in the First Familiy Group?

:)

GillMore1, Apr 12, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 12, 2021
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 12, 2021
  4. ineuw Win User

How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10 tutorial

The delay to reply was unrelated to this topic. I was preparing to add a disc drive. The preferred view is working now, and here is the step by step list of what I did, and it includes an additional step at the end. I also rebooted after each step.

1. Reset all views to default.
    2. Rebooted.
    3. Changed the "My Pc" view to Details and set the "Group By" to [None]. But left everything else at default.
    4. Rebooted.
    5. "My Pc" view retained the selected setting, alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.
    6. Switched to Drive C:\, set it to "Details" and changed the column order to "Name, Size Type and Date". Grouping is available but not applied by the default settings.
    7. Rebooted.
    8. "My Pc" lost the settings, reverted to "Tile" and "Group by" was active again.
    9. Reconfigured to "Details" and set the "Group By" to [None].
    10. Rebooted.
    11. "My Pc" view retained the selected settings. Alphabetically ordered "Details" without grouping.

ineuw, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Does my data transfer with me if I change family groups - Similar Threads - Does data transfer

2. How can I transfer my Family data to a Business account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer my Family data to a Business account?: I have an expiring Family 365 plan and am being offered a Business 365 plan for significantly cheaper through a third party. How can I transfer/save my Family data?...
  3. How can I transfer my Family data to a Business account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer my Family data to a Business account?: I have an expiring Family 365 plan and am being offered a Business 365 plan for significantly cheaper through a third party. How can I transfer/save my Family data?...
  4. Microsoft Family Won't Let Me Leave the Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Won't Let Me Leave the Group: I've logged into Microsoft family as the following article asks and tried the steps. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4However, there is no three-dot menu for me to click on over my...
  5. Microsoft Family Won't Let Me Leave the Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Won't Let Me Leave the Group: I've logged into Microsoft family as the following article asks and tried the steps. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4However, there is no three-dot menu for me to click on over my...
  6. I got my family to remove and disable parental controls, remove me from family group but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got my family to remove and disable parental controls, remove me from family group but...: I tried launching minecraft and it asked for permission, i got my family to remove me from family group, parental controls, etc, and yet it still asks for permission, and theres nothing we can do, support has not helped at all....
  7. I got my family to remove and disable parental controls, remove me from family group but...

I got my family to remove and disable parental controls, remove me from family group but...: I tried launching minecraft and it asked for permission, i got my family to remove me from family group, parental controls, etc, and yet it still asks for permission, and theres nothing we can do, support has not helped at all....
  8. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  9. i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group

i Can't change my age in my account - no parent in family group: - i created 2 years back an microsoft account for my son, 7 years old, to allow office access, but as he doesn't have an email address i used mine but gave in his information date of birth- I'm an apple user but recently bought a windows laptop. signed in with my email...
  10. Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group: I have set up a Family Group. I am granting access to an app, but when my child attempts to access the app. The "Ask permission" window pops up again. We are in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group/0e02f8a8-3559-4b67-a6d4-64f5e811135e