Windows 10: does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

Discus and support does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charlie Bolt, Aug 13, 2022.

1. does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

:)

Charlie Bolt, Aug 13, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key? :(

Zakin, Aug 13, 2022
  4. does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

Trying to switch to Microsoft account from local, unable to...

I tried that, more than once. I go thru the complete procedure of getting a new Microsoft account password, then when I reach the final step to key in the Windows password, I try my NEW Microsoft account password, and I get the same message-invalid password. No luck.

Any other suggestions.

Charliedog, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

1. does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key? - Similar Threads - does Microsoft account

2. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  3. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.: Hello all, My old Windows computer Dell xps 15, 2018 recently died, in such a way that it won't power-up at all anymore. To recover the files I removed the harddrive and mounted it to be copied to my new computer. When opening the windows explorer screen, I see it is working...
  4. Help, My bitlocker Key-ID on my microsoft account does not match my harddrive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I don't have the bitlocker key, having registered my devices in my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have the bitlocker key, having registered my devices in my microsoft account.: I have window 11, I updated the bios and at the end it asks me for the bitlocker key, I have already entered my account. my devices are registered, but my keys are not there. I have already done all the steps to see the recovery key but nothing. The computer is SaintKrones...
  6. I don't have the bitlocker key, having registered my devices in my microsoft account.

I don't have the bitlocker key, having registered my devices in my microsoft account.: I have window 11, I updated the bios and at the end it asks me for the bitlocker key, I have already entered my account. my devices are registered, but my keys are not there. I have already done all the steps to see the recovery key but nothing. The computer is SaintKrones...
  7. does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?: does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-microsoft-account-have-a-copy-of-my/42ac8365-9405-48a7-9e31-5efe04c68351
  8. does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?

does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key?: does my Microsoft account have a copy of my windows key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-microsoft-account-have-a-copy-of-my/42ac8365-9405-48a7-9e31-5efe04c68351
  9. I'm having trouble saving my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm having trouble saving my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.: Not sure why it does this but, I can't save my bitlocker keys to my microsoft account.Any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-saving-my-bitlocker-keys-to-my/82dbffae-04d1-4d44-9489-e6e9d2c53895
  10. Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account?: After a failed update, i was no longer able to use Windows, so i installed Ubuntu to get a copy of windows to write to a usb stick. My question is: If i reinstall windows and i'm asked for a key, will the previous key be linked to my account? If so, i would i go by doing...