Windows 10: Does my Motherboard and CPU supports the latest chipset?

Discus and support Does my Motherboard and CPU supports the latest chipset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The X58 chipset isn't on the list of supported devices: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...pdate-Utility- so I'd guess that it wouldn't install.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobkn, Apr 5, 2018.

1. bobkn Win User

Does my Motherboard and CPU supports the latest chipset?

The X58 chipset isn't on the list of supported devices: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...pdate-Utility-

so I'd guess that it wouldn't install.

The X58 chipset is off support by Intel at this time. The latest drivers at Gigabyte or your board end at Windows 7. (I all else fails, you may be able to manually install them.) I hope the Microsoft provides all necessary drivers, as they do for some oldish systems.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
  2. camelia Win User

Hello,

Main Board: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 1.0), BIOS F6
    CPU : QuadCore Intel Core i7 920, 2833 MHz (21 x 135)

I have 3 computers identical as above, I am going to update my BiOS TO F7, all I will install Windows 7 x64-bits, Windows 8.1 x64-bits and Windows 10 x64-bits

Can i update my chipset to v10.1.1.42?

If not, will work v9.2.0.1030 still under Win 10, Win 8 and Win 7?

Thanks
    Came

:)

camelia, Apr 9, 2018
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Problems migrating to 64 bit

The CPU itself may support x64 but that does not mean the motherboard does. You could try the manufacturer web site including making sure you have the latest BIOS version

HairyFool, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Does my Motherboard and CPU supports the latest chipset?

Upgrading from 4 GB to 8 GB RAM and new Graphic Card

Thank you but I\m still not understand about this "“(“Sandy Bridge” CPUs) or up to 1,600 MHz (“Ivy Bridge” CPUs). According to ASUS, the P8Z77-V LK supports memories up
    to 2,400 MHz". Does it means my motherboard actually support up to 2,400 Mhz RAM and it's depending on my cpu supported it or not ?

DevotedOne89, Apr 9, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    Windows (particularly 10) should download the motherboard driver for you from Windows Update.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Does my Motherboard and CPU supports the latest chipset?

1. Does my Motherboard and CPU supports the latest chipset? - Similar Threads - Does Motherboard CPU

2. Is my motherboard or CPU malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my motherboard or CPU malfunctioning: My Windows 10 computer had worked fine for over a year. Then one day I came home to my computer in BIOS. If I completely turn off the computer and turn it back on, I get the diagnosing PC message then it tells me that Start Repair could not fix the computer. If I reboot...
  3. Chipsets and Motherboards that support Windows 11 operating system

in Windows 10 News
    Chipsets and Motherboards that support Windows 11 operating system: [ATTACH]Microsoft not very long ago announced the coming of Windows 11 as a free update for Windows 10 users. This is very exciting, of course, but then we learned that certain Windows 11 system requirements are not as they seem. You see, in order for folks to experience what...
  4. My Motherboard does not support Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Motherboard does not support Windows 10: I am using Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 Micro ATX Motherboard on My Desktop but Windows 10 doesn't support in my motherboard. Which Motherboard appropriates for Windows 10. Is there anyone can recommend me from best Motherboard price in BD...
  5. My motherboard chipset temp is 72 c idle !!

in Windows 10 Support
    My motherboard chipset temp is 72 c idle !!: every 5 minutes I hear high fan speed so I checked GPU fan which I installed from two days (6800 xt) and found the fan is 0% in idle so I checked chassis , pch, AIO I found their fan speed normal too but I found my chipset temp is 72C !! is it because of the long new GPU ?...
  6. Does my CPU support DirectX12/DirectX11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does my CPU support DirectX12/DirectX11: My CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHzA certain game wants me to have DirectX 10.1 Feature levels, when I actually do have the feature level.So im trying to download a better feature level so it could work, but I cant find the downloads for it.I wonder if my PC...
  7. Should I Update Drivers for my chipset & motherboard

Should I Update Drivers for my chipset & motherboard: I had a computer made for me in 2017. Should I try to update the drivers for my motherboard or chipset? I'm not experiencing any problems that I'm aware of, but have heard that you should keep your drivers up to date. Under System Information, I get this: [img] Pursuant...
  8. Does this motherboard support Windows 10?

Does this motherboard support Windows 10?: I have been searching trying to find if this motherboard supports Windows 10...if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Motherboad Gigabyte P55A-UD4P 54898
  9. Latest Intel Chipset Device Software

Latest Intel Chipset Device Software: Latest Intel Chipset Device Software WHQL version: 10.1.1.42 Release Date: January 17th 2016 WHQL Intel Chipset Download Link OR Download: Intel® Chipset Device Software 10.1.1.42 [img] Note Release Notes New Features: Intel(R) Xeon(R)...
  10. Are motherboard chipset drivers still needed?

Are motherboard chipset drivers still needed?: I'm doing a clean install (actually a clean re-install) of Win10-Pro on an Asus P9X79-DLX / i7-3930K computer. If the Device Manager shows all the devices working properly is there any need or benefit in installing any motherboard chipset drivers that might be on the Asus...