Windows 10: Does my old HP G60 Vista laptop require a BIOS update or a new SSD?

Discus and support Does my old HP G60 Vista laptop require a BIOS update or a new SSD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A couple of days ago I cloned my HP G60 Vista laptop hard drive to a Corsair SSD as part of the process of updating it to W7 and hopefully on to W10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taid, Jan 17, 2020.

1. taid Win User

Does my old HP G60 Vista laptop require a BIOS update or a new SSD?

A couple of days ago I cloned my HP G60 Vista laptop hard drive to a Corsair SSD as part of the process of updating it to W7 and hopefully on to W10. The cloning was done using an external caddy via usb. The HP allows boot via usb (F9) but when I tried to boot from the clone the laptop was not detecting the ssd. I installed the ssd inside the laptop but again it was not being detected. I tried Macrium and Casper to do the cloning but it made no difference. Now I initially thought that maybe the BIOS required updating but when I tried an Adata ssd from an Asus laptop the drive was detected and ran both inside the HP and via usb. Could the BIOS cause one ssd to be detected whilst not detecting another ?

Since typing the above I've tried the Corsair ssd in the Asus laptop and it won't boot in that machine either - is this beginning to look more like a suspect drive? If the suspect Corsair is connected via usb to either laptop after it has booted up from its internal drive then it is detected and I can look and read its contents. Its just that neither machine will recognise the Corsair ssd during boot up.

Anyone with any ideas?

Incidentally I've updated the Corsair ssd's firmware via Corsair's SSD Toolbox. Whilst the Toolbox sees the drive, SSD Life Pro does not... On the other hand CrystalDisk tells me the ssd life is 'Good -= 100%'., I suspect these programmes need to be taken with a pinch of salt...

As an aside this confirmed that with a bit of tweaking the old HP will run W10!

:)

2. HP Laptop Screen Resolution Issues

The references there wouldn't generally be recommended for only the wallpaper seeing a 90 degree change but for the entire display while an upgrade that comes out buggy doesn't always want to play by the same rule book! The main idea was to try out even the weirdest option to see if a fast fix could be found before the need to see a full fresh copy of 10 go on.

Unfortunately a buggy upgrade is all too common not only for 10 but from one version to the next regardless of 2000 to XP or XP to Vista or XP or Vista to 7, 8, 8,1 or now 10. You will notice the first links were to show you the option to avoid the need for upgrade install entirely as well as the guide that will take you through the steps to see a working clean install go on.

From the looks of things as far the max resolution despite the correct display being on still being limited to 1024x768 on what should be the 1366x768 indicating the horizontal as well as widescreen aspect ratios are caught in a spin cycle. Something didn't go on like it should have as far as the Windows side of the display goes it would seem. If that was the G60-120US model that also saw Vista as an option when the model was first out which present another problem as far as how new a version you can go and still get the actual correct drivers as far as 10 goes on it. The problem in looking up the exact model you have there is knowing what comes after the G60-? 100xx? 101xx? 102XX 103XX etc. on and on with something like 127 different models(laptops and hybrids both) with the G60 in the model number. HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

If you know what the rest of the model number is and find it in the list the next step is to see if that model sees support upto 8.1 since 64bit 8.1 drivers for the most part will go right on 10 and work without issues! But if that model only saw Vista, 7 support the anomalties are the result of not seeing support for 10 with the model simply being too old and HP simply moved on to a newer model series. And too often not only with HP but just about every brand laptop you can run into that.

Night Hawk, Jan 17, 2020
  3. green3n Win User
    1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?

Hello.

I seem to have an issue with updating Windows 10 on my notebook. Once the update is done downloading and ready to install, the Windows Updater keeps giving me an error about how I need to update or uninstall my BIOS manually.
    I've searched on how to fix this problem and I've tried the recommended steps such as using Microsoft's tool: Download Windows 10 and
    actually updating to the latest BIOS drivers. "HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK-BIOS needs to be upgraded first" is the message I
    get. The May 2017 update for my laptop's BIOS is the most recent update I could install according to this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-ab100-notebook-pc-series/8499302/mod...
    It is getting quite annoying as the Windows updater keeps popping up and there is no way to prevent it from not coming up as I can't update the machine. What should I do?

Model: hp pavilion notebook 15 ab153nr

green3n, Jan 17, 2020
  4. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Does my old HP G60 Vista laptop require a BIOS update or a new SSD? - Similar Threads - Does old G60

2. New SSD does NOT show on windows = but DOES on the BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD does NOT show on windows = but DOES on the BIOS: Installed windows 10 on an ASUS ROG670E-A AMD Ryzen, and added 2 new drives - a SSD Samsung 870qvo and a M2 memory. All previous MM2 show on windows but the SSD samsung does NOT - even though it does on the BIOS.Does not show on Disk management either, but DOES show on Device...
  3. New SSD does NOT show on windows = but DOES on the BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD does NOT show on windows = but DOES on the BIOS: Installed windows 10 on an ASUS ROG670E-A AMD Ryzen, and added 2 new drives - a SSD Samsung 870qvo and a M2 memory. All previous MM2 show on windows but the SSD samsung does NOT - even though it does on the BIOS.Does not show on Disk management either, but DOES show on Device...
  4. New SSD does NOT show on windows = but DOES on the BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HP Laptop with windows vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop with windows vista: My wife passed a few years ago and I'm attempting to utilize a laptop she had. It has windows vista on it and For some reason I can't login to it don't know the PWD it found 106 upgrades and installed them. I can't get past the login screen it only has her nameKtisti and the...
  6. HP Laptop with windows vista

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop with windows vista: My wife passed a few years ago and I'm attempting to utilize a laptop she had. It has windows vista on it and For some reason I can't login to it don't know the PWD it found 106 upgrades and installed them. I can't get past the login screen it only has her nameKtisti and the...
  7. Old vista laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old vista laptop: So I was given an old windows vista laptop that supposedly is in good condition. Unfortunately, they could not remember the password and I haven't been able to get logged in. If I were to buy windows 10 installation, would it wipe it clean with an install so I can start over....
  8. Does a new SSD require an activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a new SSD require an activation key?: I upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro. I am thinking of getting an SSD and am being told I can install windows 10 fresh to the SSD and so long as I don't change the hardware of my computer other than the Hardrive, the OS will automatically activate. Is this true?...
  9. 1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1709 will not update. HP Laptop requires the BIOS to be updated?: Hello. I seem to have an issue with updating Windows 10 on my notebook. Once the update is done downloading and ready to install, the Windows Updater keeps giving me an error about how I need to update or uninstall my BIOS manually. I've searched on how to fix this problem...
  10. Reclaiming old HP/Vista/Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reclaiming old HP/Vista/Win 10: Several months ago a friend told me she was getting a new desktop machine since the old Vista machine was sick beyond repair. She asked if I would I like the old box. I agree and planned to use this as a Linux/Mint platform. When I powered up, I found Win 10 Home, four...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you add bluetooth to an old hp g60 ltop running Windows Vista

2. бесплатно обновить биос hp g60 us 120