Windows 10: Does my Ryzen 5600 laptop compatible with Windows 11 without discrete TPM

Discus and support Does my Ryzen 5600 laptop compatible with Windows 11 without discrete TPM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 3 5500U.The seller told me that this laptop doesn't support TPM so it will not be able to upgrade into Windows 11.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TaigamaZ, Oct 15, 2021.

1. TaigamaZ Win User

Does my Ryzen 5600 laptop compatible with Windows 11 without discrete TPM

Hello.My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 3 5500U.The seller told me that this laptop doesn't support TPM so it will not be able to upgrade into Windows 11. But I believe that the cpu has already included fTPM so the laptop really can install Windows 11. Although the PC Health check said that my laptop doesn't have TPM 2.0.I am considering buying a USB flash drive for installing Windows 11 from an ISO file.Please help me confirm whether my laptop can install Windows 11 this way or not.Thank you very much!

:)

TaigamaZ, Oct 15, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User

Windows 11??

For reasons that are unclear to me, the Lenovo laptop is incompatible. It may be the CPU, which is an I3-6100U. Official Windows 11 requirements have arrived: Here are the compatible Qualcomm, AMD, and Intel CPUs | Windows Central May be the I3-6100U CPU. The compatibility list in the link starts with the 8th gen. No clue as to why. (The Intel HD 520 graphics in that CPU are supposed to be DX12, and the drivers are WDDM 2.1)

bobkn, Oct 15, 2021
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

TPM support

The TPM 2.0 specifications can be implemented by a hardware chip, in which case it will be listed in the bios as 'TPM'. Newer processors can also support a firmware implementation of TPM 2.0. This is where it gets confusing as that may be listed in the bios as fTPM or PTT. All implementations of TPM 2.0, hardware or firmware, will meet the W11 requirements.

TPM 2.0 for Windows 11 - What about Intel PTT and AMD fTPM?

Thema:

1. Does my Ryzen 5600 laptop compatible with Windows 11 without discrete TPM - Similar Threads - Does Ryzen 5600

2. is ryzen 5 5500 not U compatible with windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is ryzen 5 5500 not U compatible with windows 11?: I looked for the compatibility of this processor with Windows 11, but I only found the 5500u on the compatibility list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ryzen-5-5500-not-u-compatible-with-windows-11/541833e6-7fd8-4a04-bcea-9b11d57d74b9
  3. is ryzen 5 5500 not U compatible with windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is ryzen 5 5500 not U compatible with windows 11?: I looked for the compatibility of this processor with Windows 11, but I only found the 5500u on the compatibility list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ryzen-5-5500-not-u-compatible-with-windows-11/541833e6-7fd8-4a04-bcea-9b11d57d74b9
  4. Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?: Hello, I bought an AMD Ryzen 5600 cpu and i would like to know if it can run windows 11 because when I didn't find it in the supported cpu list i got very scared because I already bought it and I have it home for like 4 days and so I need to ask....
  5. Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?

Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?: Hello, I bought an AMD Ryzen 5600 cpu and i would like to know if it can run windows 11 because when I didn't find it in the supported cpu list i got very scared because I already bought it and I have it home for like 4 days and so I need to ask....
  6. Does my Ryzen 5600 laptop compatible with Windows 11 without discrete TPM

Does my Ryzen 5600 laptop compatible with Windows 11 without discrete TPM: Hello.My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 3 5500U.The seller told me that this laptop doesn't support TPM so it will not be able to upgrade into Windows 11. But I believe that the cpu has already included fTPM so the laptop really can install Windows 11. Although the PC Health check...
  7. Is my laptop is compatible with Windows 11??

Is my laptop is compatible with Windows 11??: Hi! Windows,I'm Raj upadhyay I've a query which is My laptopLenovo l420 is compatible with Windows 11 update ,if it is or notso please kindly reply my little query....
  8. Is my laptop is compatible with Windows 11??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my laptop is compatible with Windows 11??: Hi! Windows,I'm Raj upadhyay I've a query which is My laptopLenovo l420 is compatible with Windows 11 update ,if it is or notso please kindly reply my little query....
  9. BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen: I simply love the BitLocker functionality. I've always used it and still using for my Intel laptop without TPM, but with a small change in Group Policy to skip TPM and use a password on every boot... and it simply working. Hovewer, now I've a AMD PC with Ryzen 1700x onboard....
  10. BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen

in Windows 10 Support
    BitLocker, TPM and a Ryzen: I simply love the BitLocker functionality. I've always used it and still using for my Intel laptop without TPM, but with a small change in Group Policy to skip TPM and use a password on every boot... and it simply working. Hovewer, now I've a AMD PC with Ryzen 1700x onboard....