Windows 10: Does my SSD actually double my battery life?

Discus and support Does my SSD actually double my battery life? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I a SSD put in my laptop. The SSD is a Kingston a400 240gb sata 3 SSD. and it seems that the SDD not only reduces wait times, stutter. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyPlayz86, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Does my SSD actually double my battery life?

Hey, I a SSD put in my laptop.

The SSD is a Kingston a400 240gb sata 3 SSD.

and it seems that the SDD not only reduces wait times, stutter. and amount of windows hang-ups. it also seems to have improved my battery life.

it went from two hours to four.

I had to fresh install windows so that may be helping since there are not as many apps running in the background.

but still.

I also have 8gb of samsung ram 2x 4gb sticks so that helps with the performance.

but still. the ssd seems to have been the best upgrade on my laptop.

:)

SandyPlayz86, Nov 8, 2020

2. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 8, 2020
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Does my SSD actually double my battery life?

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Does my SSD actually double my battery life?

1. Does my SSD actually double my battery life? - Similar Threads - Does SSD actually

2. Does activating GeForce MX150 on my laptop affect the battery life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does activating GeForce MX150 on my laptop affect the battery life?: I'm planning to activate my GeForce on Minecraft but will it affect my battery life https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-activating-geforce-mx150-on-my-laptop-affect/644e9421-914e-4c29-8698-0eff2fb0e4d6
  3. Storage showing as double the actual SSD size

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage showing as double the actual SSD size: Running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (Build 19042.964) on an AMD based Windows Surface Laptop 4 with 512GB SSD. Even though it has a 512GB SDD as confirmed by both disk management and file explorer, settings -> system -> Storage reports the size as 951GB! I have searched but...
  4. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  5. Battery life on my new Windows 10 Does not last

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life on my new Windows 10 Does not last: I have recently purchased this computer and was excited for the promoted long lasting batter life when using Microsoft edge but this computers battery life has been everything but long lasting. I have searched how to fix the problem numerous times and have troubleshooted my...
  6. battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  7. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  8. What's the battery life for my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the battery life for my computer?: I have a Windows 10 Home, 1803, 17134.648. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-battery-life-for-my-computer/e3bab3b7-12bc-40ca-8b52-41bf8768562f
  9. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  10. Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activating "power saver" actually reduces remaining battery life: For me activating the battery saver from the taskbar always sets me back, for example: If I have around if 56 minutes remaining then activating power saver would probably set me back to 48 minutes remaining. And the brightness does reduce which is strange. Why would this...