Windows 10: Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup

Discus and support Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Here's the thing. Since 2 weeks, my computer started booting really slowing. When I open my laptop, the samsung logo appears, after that, I am getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Magik, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Magik Win User

Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup

Here's the thing. Since 2 weeks, my computer started booting really slowing. When I open my laptop, the samsung logo appears, after that, I am getting a black screen and I have to wait about 3-5 minutes. I have a SSD that I bought last month and everything was fine since last week. So I was planning on reinstalling my Windows 10 from scratch (I previously made an update from 8.1 and kept all my files/programs). My question is: Is there a way to install Windows 10 directly without having to pass from 8.1 ? If I do so, will my Windows 8.1 key works or do I have to reinstall Windows 8.1 and make an update from there because my key will only work for 8.1 ? It's a key for Windows 8.1 Professional I got from DreamSpark.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Magik, Sep 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Slowing down my laptop

After upgrading my PC to windows 10 it slowed down my PC. Windows gets back its speed when start key on keyboard is pressed but after some time it become slow again.During startup slowness is at its peek

Whenever it get slowed i got to press Start key to get back speed.After pressing the key windows start working normally for some time.

Shashank1997, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

No, this did not work. It definitely is related to the fast startup (or not shutting down correcly with the fast startup option)

windows-10, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup

If your Win10 is currently activated already, you can just do a clean installation. When prompted for product key simply skip to the next step.

You will be prompted for the product key several times during installation. Skip them all and your Win10 will be activated automagically eventually.

seemebreakthis, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Magik Win User
    Even if I restore my computer, Windows 10 will remember my key ?

Magik, Sep 2, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    There's no key.

If you clean install Win 10 on the same hardware, the activation servers will recognize the machine and activate Win 10.

You can probably modify the hardware (new HD, new graphics card, etc.) and still have a clean install activate online. The motherboard, you can't change.

bobkn, Sep 2, 2015
  7. Magik Win User
    Oh okay thanks, I didn't know that *Smile

One last thing, if I use Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create an ISO for a Windows 10 x64 Pro, with it automatically make my usb key bootable ?

Magik, Sep 2, 2015
  8. Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup

Don't know (others can probably tell you), but in case you run into a problem after downloading the .iso, try using "rufus". That worked for me when it comes to creating a bootable USB drive.

seemebreakthis, Sep 2, 2015
  9. You can't just copy the ISO file or expand it to a USB stick, instead, you need to use an app that will create a bootable USB stick from the ISO -- RUFUS, as already mentioned, is such an app.

Mark Phelps, Sep 2, 2015
  10. Magik Win User
    Okay I'll try that. I thought using the Microsoft's Media Creation Tool was making the usb stick bootable...

Magik, Sep 2, 2015
  11. It DID with all the USB sticks I created. Must be a different problem.

Mark Phelps, Sep 3, 2015
  12. Magik Win User
    Well I haven't tried. I just assumed it wasn't working with was you said earlier *Smile

Magik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup

1. Does my Windows 8.1 key works on a Windows 10 + Slow startup - Similar Threads - Does key works

2. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow startup: Hi,My windows 10 boots very slowly. I don't have anything in startup folder. Overall the windows 10 is good only the problem is it boots very slowly. I recently reset my windows 10. I have ran sfc/scannow, ran chkdsk and also ran memory diagnostic. I have updated all drivers...
  3. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow startup: Hi,My windows 10 boots very slowly. I don't have anything in startup folder. Overall the windows 10 is good only the problem is it boots very slowly. I recently reset my windows 10. I have ran sfc/scannow, ran chkdsk and also ran memory diagnostic. I have updated all drivers...
  4. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My windows 10 is slow at startup

My windows 10 is slow at startup: I have windows version 20h2, and Everytime it takes a lot of time to start. After starting for nearly 5-6min the computer is laggy, after certain time it starts working fine no lag nothing. I don't know what to do with such problem. I disabled startup...
  6. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: the ongoing anomaly of windows 10 slow startup....I reduced the problem from 5 minutes or more to 90 seconds by doing 2 things mentioned in other fixes by users on this site...windows o/s will confound me till the end of time A layman's solution....criticism not...
  7. CTRL+1 key does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL+1 key does not work: My CTRL+1 combination is not working but all other combinations with control work. I checked if my keys were not functional on a keyscan and they do indeed work but for some reason it is not doing anything, for example if I wanted to press CTRL+1 in google to go to the first...
  8. slow startup in Windows 10

slow startup in Windows 10: It takes between 7 and 15 minutes from the time I push the power button until the log in page appears. I've tried updating everything and turning off apps that come on at start up. I've contacted customer support, but they couldn't fix the problem....
  9. Windows 10 Slow startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Slow startup: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes. I have already tried several methods such as 1) disabling the unnecessary startups programs 2) freeing enough free...
  10. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: I have issues in startup its taking too much time with black screen before login. I checked event viewer to see what is taking that much time and that was the result: This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system...