Windows 10: Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?

Discus and support Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have somehow messed my windows partition and so I need to reinstall the windows. So if I reinstall the windows by creating a bootable pendrive then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hetpatel572, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?

I have somehow messed my windows partition and so I need to reinstall the windows. So if I reinstall the windows by creating a bootable pendrive then would I have to provide my licence key? I can access the windows partition but cannot boot into it because I have accidentally formatted EFI partition. So is there any way I can get my windows activation key?

submitted by /u/hetpatel572
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hetpatel572, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?

streetfighter 2, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB?

1. Does my windows licence remain if I reinstall using bootable USB? - Similar Threads - Does licence remain

2. I used the bootable usb drive to reinstall windows 11 two hours ago. Can I still use that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the bootable usb drive to reinstall windows 11 two hours ago. Can I still use that...: I prepared Windows 11 installation media in my USB flash drive using WindowsCreationTool and used it to reinstall windows 11 two hours ago. Can I still use the same flash drive to install Windows many times without creating new installation media in the USB flash drive?...
  3. I used the bootable usb drive to reinstall windows 11 two hours ago. Can I still use that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used the bootable usb drive to reinstall windows 11 two hours ago. Can I still use that...: I prepared Windows 11 installation media in my USB flash drive using WindowsCreationTool and used it to reinstall windows 11 two hours ago. Can I still use the same flash drive to install Windows many times without creating new installation media in the USB flash drive?...
  4. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  5. how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i recover my windows digital license if i used a bootable usb drive to reinstall...: i have recently installed a stripped-down version of windows 11 as i transitioned to windows 11, but one thing has not transferred: my digital license of windows that came with the purchase of my desktop. it is now saying that i do not have a valid license key and is denying...
  6. Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.: So, When I was using windows i got a No bootable device, After I waited for 2 says my USB came with windows iso file inside it. I selected it and it worked but i turned my pc off in the Repair my computer and I tried reinstalling again but its shows No bootable device i...
  7. I want to reinstall windows 10 in my new SSD using a bootable USB pendrive but I'm not sure...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reinstall windows 10 in my new SSD using a bootable USB pendrive but I'm not sure...: I want to reinstall windows 10 in my new SSD using a bootable USB pendrive but I'm not sure if I should use Rufus or Microsoft Media Creation Tool... What's the difference? Why do people even use Rufus if there is MCT? Any help will be appreciated as I'm not much familiar...
  8. Bootable USB - Does size matter?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB - Does size matter?: Hello- I am completing my first computer build from scratch and will soon get to the step where I install Windows from a flash USB. Regarding the USB itself, I have read that 8 GB is a minimum. Is there such thing as too big? I have a 256 GB pen drive, I'm not sure if the...
  9. I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't use the remaining space on my usb after using MediaCreationTool.: I can't use the remaining space on the usb after installing mediacreationtool. Including not being able to access the files on the usb before installing mediacreationtool. Do you have any solutions? I want to get the old data back....
  10. Does reinstalling Windows void licence? Can reactivate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does reinstalling Windows void licence? Can reactivate?: I've my laptop with Windows pre-installed. Now it's not booting. It has some bootloader issues. So, I'm thinking about downloading Windows 10 iso again and install it. This is my question, if I reinstall, do I need to activate my newly installed Windows with a product key?...