Windows 10: does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

Discus and support does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, windows 10 pro for workstation supports up to 4 CPUs. what about windows 10 pro?Can I install it on DEL R730 with 2 CPUs intel E5-2609v4?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TiegangLiu, Oct 19, 2019.

1. does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

Hi,

windows 10 pro for workstation supports up to 4 CPUs.

what about windows 10 pro?Can I install it on DEL R730 with 2 CPUs intel E5-2609v4?

Thinks

Best wishes

:)

TiegangLiu, Oct 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Multi processor support

It seems that there is great speculation and guessing all over the net as to which processors windows 10 supports for multi processor xeon systems. There is nowhere, not even on Microsoft's own sites, anything that will clarify or list if windows 10 (or
    which editions) support a multi processor system, up to how many physical processors (dual, quad config), what type of processors and if all physical and logical processors are supported and recognized.

I consider this a very big omission on behalf of Microsoft as there are a lot of us out there who do use multi processor systems for our work and would like to know whether to upgrade or not. If there is a list or table that outlines the supported multi
    cpu config of the different windows 10 edition, somewhere out there, can someone please point us to that direction.

Thank you.

KritosErotokritou, Oct 19, 2019
  3. rasletaz Win User
    Multiple physical CPU support in Windows 10

I was wondering whether Windows 10 has the same CPU restrictions as found in Windows 7 and 8. In both those versions only 1 physical CPU is supported for Home Premium, and 2 for Pro and Ultimate (though they all support multiple cores).

Will this be the same for Windows 10? Or will all versions support multi-CPU setups?

rasletaz, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs

1. does normal windows 10 pro support multi-CPUs - Similar Threads - does normal pro

2. Windows 11 supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 supported CPUs: My computer has an Intel Core 17-4500U cpu. Why isn't this supported for Windows 11 and can it be added to the list of supported CPUs? It meets all the specs and other Intel processors are supported....
  3. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  4. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick.Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else? If...
  5. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: I'd love to know know why my i7-7700K 4.2GHz processor is not supported by Windows 11, other than in attempt to force me to buy a new computer or processor. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and easily outperforms lower end supported CPUs....
  6. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  7. Windows 11 not supporting CPUs

Windows 11 not supporting CPUs: My main desktop has an Intel i7-6700 CPU running at 3.4Ghz. Surely that's sufficient to run windows 11 - but the PC Health Check says "No" all other aspects are given the green tick. Is this because MS has not got around to testing that specific CPU or is it something else?...
  8. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  9. Windows 11 Supported CPUs

Windows 11 Supported CPUs: So I have a quite low-end laptop, but I did some research and apparently it's should support Windows 11 but it doesn't meet system requirements. I have everything: TPM 2.0, Secure Boot, 4GB RAM, 1GHz CPU with 2 cores etc. , the only thing that's not supported is CPU model. I...
  10. Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does Windows 10 home support two physical CPUs?: Hi, Does Windows 10 Home support two physical CPUs? Thanks 8841