Windows 10: Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network

Discus and support Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a network in which there are several APs with the same ssid and password and cannot connect. Show that the password is incorrect. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/castillofranco, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network

I have a network in which there are several APs with the same ssid and password and cannot connect.

Show that the password is incorrect.

submitted by /u/castillofranco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/castillofranco, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Chino Win User

Wi-Fi Agile Multiband Certification to Enable Intelligent Wireless Networks

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband is a new certification program from Wi-Fi Alliance that enables devices to utilize Wi-Fi network resources better, and networks to adapt and balance load as network conditions change. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband devices dynamically exchange information about a network environment, enabling devices to make smarter decisions and quicker connections in home, enterprise, and managed network environments. Wi-Fi Agile Multiband delivers new capabilities that provide a better experience with both static use cases, such as streaming a high-definition movie, and mobile use cases such as Wi-Fi calling.

Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network X2BRYuDg0djRiot2_thm.jpg

Based on global standards, such as IEEE 802.11 k, v, u, r, and Wi-Fi Alliance defined technologies, Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings a standardized approach to efficient Wi-Fi network resource management that also ensures interoperability across device vendors. Key benefits of Wi-Fi Agile Multiband include:
    • Dynamic monitoring (i.e. exchanging network information): Constant, parallel network information exchange about the Wi-Fi radio environment enables client devices to evaluate the best access point (AP), band, or channel connection, avoiding issues with devices that stick to a particular AP longer than appropriate
    • Intelligent steering (i.e. making informed network loading): Mechanisms allow APs to intelligently guide clients to less congested or recommended APs, frequency bands, and channels to balance network traffic and meet other management needs
    • Fast network transitions (i.e. authenticating quicker): Faster, secure roaming while traversing a network delivers improved mobility and better experiences with latency-sensitive applications such as voice-over Wi-Fi and mobile video streaming
    "Today's Wi-Fi delivers connectivity to services and content for many devices in different environments," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Agile Multiband brings new capabilities that increase network and device performance and ultimately provide a better Wi-Fi user experience."

The first Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband products which comprise the test bed for interoperability certification are:
    • Broadcom BCM4361 11ac STA Reference Design
    • Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset-based 802.11ac 4-stream Concurrent Dual Band Router
    • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
    • Marvell 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi Test Bed Evaluation Kit
    • MediaTek MT7621A+MT7615 802.11abgn/ac Ref. AP
    • Ruckus R710 Access Point
    • Ruckus ZoneDirector 1200 Controller
    • Qualcomm mobile Wi-Fi AC2 chipset
    For more information, including a technology overview and technology highlights, please visit: Wi-Fi Agile Multiband | Wi-Fi Alliance

Chino, Jan 25, 2020
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 - Next generation Wi-Fi connectivity

Source: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network

1. Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network - Similar Threads - Does connect multi

2. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  3. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  4. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  5. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  6. Wi-Fi not showing up in Network Connections

Wi-Fi not showing up in Network Connections: I have a PCIe network card installed in my desktop. It's supposed to provide a Bluetooth and a WiFi connection. Bluetooth works.In Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections, I can't find my wifi connection. Similarily, in "View hardware and connection...
  7. Problems connecting a Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems connecting a Wi-Fi network: I can't connect my pc with any wi-fi connections as i can't find any network options except the ethernet & broadband settings.Then i searched for the existing adapters in device manager & ended up founding a list of 9 adapters' name including 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family...
  8. Can't Connect To Network || Open Wi-Fi Works But Home Password Protected Wi-Fi Does Not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Connect To Network || Open Wi-Fi Works But Home Password Protected Wi-Fi Does Not: Hello r/Windows10! Here's my issue. On my desktop I have an Archer T6E Wi-Fi card. If I try to connect to my home network that is password protected, I get the error message of "Can't connect to this network". For shits, I tried to connect to the open xfinity wi-fi hotspot,...
  9. Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network: Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed. I still have access to Internet but this thing make me a bit uncomfortable. What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you....
  10. Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting 2 PCs on a Wi-Fi Network: How can I transfer files from one PC to another using Wi-Fi network? Both PCs are on the same network, yet they do not recognize each other. I am using D-Link wireless router DIR-885L. What shall I do so that I see and use the files from one PC on another PC through the File...