Windows 10: does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

Discus and support does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello, My son is a minor & I have added him as a child in my microsoft account. I want to change his DOB now but do not see any option for that.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gautam Mohanty, Nov 20, 2020.

1. does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

hello,

My son is a minor & I have added him as a child in my microsoft account.

I want to change his DOB now but do not see any option for that.

any ideas how to do that ? I have tried that in edge, vivaldi, firefox & chrome. Same problem everywhere. Deleted cache/cookies too.

Next do you know why the mail app does not open for a child account ? is it because of his age which is 12 yrs. ?

:)

Gautam Mohanty, Nov 20, 2020

2. Changing a child's age

my youngest child accidentally set up our eldest childs account and entered their age incorrectly. When i log into our family account as me (adult) i can see my child's account. When i select "manage profile" for our child it takes me to a site that tells
    me about privacy changes in the US and South Korea (we are in Australia...). There is no option to change anything. It does give me an option to change restrictions which simply takes me back to the overview screen on me and my children.... loops. Any ideas?

thanks

JeffLewis1, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

1. does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my... - Similar Threads - does option change

2. My child has left Microsoft family :-

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My child has left Microsoft family :-: HI I am aware that a child cannot leave the family. We have a laptop where we are the administrator and my son, who is 15 with a condition has always had a standard user account with restrictions in place which he absolutely rejects. Being the smart one he is though, this...
  3. Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not...

Family Safety - when I update screen time for my child the changed time does not...: Hello, I have a repeating issue which I can replicate in this way: 1 My child has screen time limit in family safety that stops at 9 PM 2 On some days I update the time to stop later, lets say 10 PM on the account.microsoft.com site either from my phone or another...
  4. Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely?

Is it possible to use microsoft family to see the device screen my child is viewing remotely?: Hi guys, my wife and I have just purchased 3 new windows 10 pcs HP 250 G7 laptops for our kids to use at school in class time. We have setup Microsoft family on these devices and our kids have been added to our family. I have added their accounts as child accounts and we...
  5. Child’s age for activity report?

Child’s age for activity report?: I just set up activity reports on my sons laptop but have now received an email that he has turned it off and had access to do this based on his age. What age gives him this authorisation? He’s15!...
  6. Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account

Some one keeps changing my family settings on my account: I have been noticing what ever settings I have put in place for my sons screen time has been changing. I have scanned for everything to make sure I am safe. I have reset my trusted devices as well so anyone would need my approval to sign in how ever my settings still keep...
  7. "Your child has control of this setting because of their age"

"Your child has control of this setting because of their age": Hello, I've been trying to set up the Activity Reporting feature in Windows 10 for my 12 year old, but I get the message "Your child has control of this setting because of their age": I have another child account (also 12 years old) where reporting can be switched on....
  8. Changing child password for Family Safety

Changing child password for Family Safety: Hi, I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password wrong. This login has never been used, so when I tried the recovery page, I couldn't "provide enough info", because there is no...
  9. Set up my Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up my Family: Afternoon I want to ask how to fix my Family Set up if my parents don't have Microsoft phone and computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-my-family/a5700763-b6a6-4901-8a21-0f45a42ae530
  10. "Reset my PC" option does not appear in my settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Reset my PC" option does not appear in my settings: I was looking to find a way to clear up space in my PC and decided that using the "reset my pc" option under Settings>Update and Security>Recovery was a good option. But upon going there i noticed that the option was not there. i was wondering if i am using a different...