Windows 10: does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

Discus and support does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello, My son is a minor & I have added him as a child in my microsoft account. I want to change his DOB now but do not see any option for that.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gautam Mohanty, Nov 20, 2020.

1. does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

hello,

My son is a minor & I have added him as a child in my microsoft account.

I want to change his DOB now but do not see any option for that.

any ideas how to do that ? I have tried that in edge, vivaldi, firefox & chrome. Same problem everywhere. Deleted cache/cookies too.

Next do you know why the mail app does not open for a child account ? is it because of his age which is 12 yrs. ?

:)

Gautam Mohanty, Nov 20, 2020

2. Changing a child's age

my youngest child accidentally set up our eldest childs account and entered their age incorrectly. When i log into our family account as me (adult) i can see my child's account. When i select "manage profile" for our child it takes me to a site that tells
    me about privacy changes in the US and South Korea (we are in Australia...). There is no option to change anything. It does give me an option to change restrictions which simply takes me back to the overview screen on me and my children.... loops. Any ideas?

thanks

JeffLewis1, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

UPDATE: Email from Microsoft.

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my...

1. does not see any option to change the age of my child in the family settings in my... - Similar Threads - does option change

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  4. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  5. Why can't I change my child's age?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my child's age?: I need to change my child's age, and I can't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-childs-age/98a4818e-0bdc-4f83-b20a-fbd1aaabd60e
  6. Why can't I change my child's age?

Why can't I change my child's age?: I need to change my child's age, and I can't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-childs-age/98a4818e-0bdc-4f83-b20a-fbd1aaabd60e
  7. Why can't I change my child's age?

8. Change age of "child" back to adult

Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  9. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?: I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as it thinks I’m not an adult. How on earth do I get it changed to the correct age?If I delete the account then he can’t access...
  10. changing a childs age

changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826