Windows 10: Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

Discus and support Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dickt_573, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Dickt_573 Win User

Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me.

:)

Dickt_573, Jun 11, 2022

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 11, 2022
  3. Recover Unallocated Disk Space

Hi,DawnWilliams8

Sorry for this using the Disk Management tools

Step 1: Right-click Windows icon and select Disk Management.

Step 2: Locate and right-click on unallocated space in Disk Management, select "New Simple Volume".

Step 3: Specify the partition size and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4: Set a drive letter, file system - NTFS, and other settings to the new partitions. Click "Finish" to complete creating a new partition.

after putting a driver letter, you can try again the diskpart

Regards,

Erik

EriksonBautista24, Jun 11, 2022
  4. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

1. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD - Similar Threads - Does show unallocated

2. Unallocated Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated Disk: I have a completely unallocated 1TB drive. I've tried some 3rd party tools like AOMEI, and EaseUS. Nothing works when I try to convert to GPT. I've tried DISKPART > list volume which my drive does not show up on. If I try to do anything with Disk Management it comes up with...
  3. Unallocated Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated Disk: I have a completely unallocated 1TB drive. I've tried some 3rd party tools like AOMEI, and EaseUS. Nothing works when I try to convert to GPT. I've tried DISKPART > list volume which my drive does not show up on. If I try to do anything with Disk Management it comes up with...
  4. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  5. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  6. Disk unallocated issue on the disk manager on a specific computer only.

Disk unallocated issue on the disk manager on a specific computer only.: Hi, I have several external SSDs and external HDDs. I've been using them as backup drive, so they were dealt carefully. Since some point, every external HDD has the disk unallocated issue on the disk manager. They work perfectly fine though. Plus, it happens only a specific...
  7. Disk unallocated issue on the disk manager on a specific computer only.

Disk unallocated issue on the disk manager on a specific computer only.: Hi, I have several external SSDs and external HDDs. I've been using them as backup drive, so they were dealt carefully. Since some point, every external HDD has the disk unallocated issue on the disk manager. They work perfectly fine though. Plus, it happens only a specific...
  8. Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management: How do I move my unallocated space from disk 0 to disk 1 without using any outside sources. [Original Title: Disk Management] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-unallocated-space-in-the-disk-management/b88aa317-e6d3-4902-9fd4-6794aa4912b9
  9. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management: Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same...
  10. Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management - SSD Does not Exist: I recently had to wipe everything off my computer and restart because of an error code. Previously, I had Windows installed on my SSD, but now after having restarted my computer with nothing on it, I cannot find my SSD. The C: drive is for some reason my HDD, I know that...