Windows 10: Does Onedrive automatically save files?

Discus and support Does Onedrive automatically save files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, OS Windows 10 (Japanese) Browser Firefox I have never used OneDrive but after recent Windows update, Windows 10 version 1903 (KB4505903) it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ari94, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Ari94 Win User

Does Onedrive automatically save files?

Hi,

OS Windows 10 (Japanese)

Browser Firefox

I have never used OneDrive but after recent Windows update, Windows 10 version 1903 (KB4505903) it is showing OneDrive Icon in Taskbar.

Yesterday August 02, 2019, during Windows update when computer was rebooting there was a message "Next personal settings are being set". (translation from Japanese) Today when I started computer it showed can not access MS account . When I rebooted computer started working.

As I do not know about OneDrive I do not use it, what if, OneDrive might be copying files to OneDrive or is it not possible unless I do something?

I shall be thankful if, someone would guide me.

Thank you

Ari

:)

Ari94, Aug 4, 2019

2. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Does Onedrive automatically save files?

Hi Ari94

I am an independent advisor here to help

by default files save to OneDrive in Windows 10 but you can change that using the steps in the following guide

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/files-...

TechGuy_82, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Onedrive automatically save files? - Similar Threads - Does Onedrive automatically

2. Files still saving to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files still saving to OneDrive: I have disconnected OneDrive from this laptop and yet, some files are still saving to OneDrive, or at least to a Folder called OneDrive on my system. Is it safe then, just to delete that particular Folder? Just out of curiosity, how can I make those Files save to another...
  3. Files still saving to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files still saving to OneDrive: I have disconnected OneDrive from this laptop and yet, some files are still saving to OneDrive, or at least to a Folder called OneDrive on my system. Is it safe then, just to delete that particular Folder? Just out of curiosity, how can I make those Files save to another...
  4. File lost that was saved on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File lost that was saved on OneDrive: Hi, I had a file that was saved in my One Drive folder and although I have saved my previous versions of it, all of a sudden the file is back to the original version created on the day I created the file with no previous versions that I can access whatsoever. I checked my one...
  5. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is not saving on OneDrive automatically: I am having problems with files I try to edit on my OneDrive.Previously all worked fine, espcially AutoSave.I am logged into OneDrive fine but when I try to save an Excel file I get this error...
  6. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

File is not saving on OneDrive automatically: I am having problems with files I try to edit on my OneDrive.Previously all worked fine, espcially AutoSave.I am logged into OneDrive fine but when I try to save an Excel file I get this error...
  7. File is not saving on OneDrive automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to automatically save a screenshot on OneDrive as a .JPG file and not a .PNG file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically save a screenshot on OneDrive as a .JPG file and not a .PNG file: Hi. I have the option to automatically save screenshots on OneDrive enabled in my OneDrive settings on Windows 11. On pressing the PrtScr print screen button the screenshot gets saved as a .PNG file in the OneDrive Screenshots folder. Is there a way to save the screenshot...
  9. How to automatically save a screenshot on OneDrive as a .JPG file and not a .PNG file

How to automatically save a screenshot on OneDrive as a .JPG file and not a .PNG file: Hi. I have the option to automatically save screenshots on OneDrive enabled in my OneDrive settings on Windows 11. On pressing the PrtScr print screen button the screenshot gets saved as a .PNG file in the OneDrive Screenshots folder. Is there a way to save the screenshot...
  10. Does OneDrive automatically convert HEIC files to jpg's?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does OneDrive automatically convert HEIC files to jpg's?: Windows 10 Pro Build 18362 I've seen articles describing a Setting in OneDrive for HEIC to JPG conversion. And I've also seen articles that indicate OneDrive does the conversion automatically. Wanted to ask here to get a definitive answer: Does OneDrive automatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does one drive update automatically

2. does onedrive automatically save

3. pdf does not save automatically onedrive