Windows 10: Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?

Discus and support Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does open on a .ini (configuration setting) file just open (not run) the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? Right-clicking shows open and edit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A123, Jun 12, 2019.

1. A123 Win User

Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?

Does open on a .ini (configuration setting) file just open (not run) the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? Right-clicking shows open and edit on .ini.

:)

2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    Notepad opens on boot

What is the .ini file you mention? Ini files are editable text files which by default would open with notepad. It may be some modification gone wrong.

Fafhrd, Jun 12, 2019
  4. DaMulta Win User

Asus D2x Install Problem

if you open up the ini file with notepad is it listed?

DaMulta, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? - Similar Threads - Does open ini

2. Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open File Location Does Not Display in File Explorer: I am using Windows 10 and OneDrive to store files offline because I have a tiny SSD hard drive. When I do a search for a file and right-mouse click to open the file location, because there are other files in that location that I am actually looking for, there is no option...
  3. File does not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File does not open: I need to open a very important file in MS Word but I get a message telling me that the file is damaged or failing that I cannot open it I need your help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-does-not-open/b6e0fb6c-3daf-468e-8209-f40804d0fad1"
  4. .exe files opening in notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .exe files opening in notepad: Hey, I was just trying to download a .exe file the other day, and accidentally clicked an option that made it so that every file I now open is opened with notepad. If there is any way to fix this, I would be very happy. Thanks....
  5. NotePad opens saved files minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NotePad opens saved files minimized: All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok. If I make a notepad...
  6. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  7. .sif file wants to open with notepad

.sif file wants to open with notepad: I changed the .sif file open with notepad but this did not save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sif-file-wants-to-open-with-notepad/1b943986-0418-44ad-8f28-c3fc6b47aba7
  8. File Explorer opens but does not function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer opens but does not function: I have all the current Windows 10 Home 64-bit updates. File Explorer opens with its main screen but no files are listed in the main file listing window. Instead the message 'working on it' appears t the top of the Window and the spinning blue disc spins away. None of the...
  9. "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.: hello new to PCs in general. Wanted to change some setting in order to get a game running (at the end of video)- Prince Of Persia 2008 : How To Set Resolution And Fix The Loading Problem - YouTube but when going into /C drive where the game is placed and do the change to...
  10. how to prevent a new notepad window from opening when the file is open

how to prevent a new notepad window from opening when the file is open: This is an annoying thing to me. After I open a text file using notepad, when I double-click the text file, another notepad instance opens the file. I can edit the file at both instances making a synch problem. (Sometimes I forget that file is already open which has not been...