Windows 10: Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

Discus and support Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexflorin, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?

:)

alexflorin, Jun 16, 2021

2. Other Users-PW Reset

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user account and click on "Reset password"
    • Enter the new password.

You may also see the data of all the user accounts by following the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type ".." and press Enter key.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 16, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

1. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are... - Similar Threads - Does option keep

2. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  3. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  4. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.: I recently reset my windows 10 and I wanted to keep all of my files. But for some reason after resetting it, some of my files were gone I could tell that because I noticed that a lot of my pc's space was cleared. I didn't have a recovery point before this change because I...
  6. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.: I recently reset my windows 10 and I wanted to keep all of my files. But for some reason after resetting it, some of my files were gone I could tell that because I noticed that a lot of my pc's space was cleared. I didn't have a recovery point before this change because I...
  7. I reset Windows 10 with "Keep all files" option but it didn't keep all files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  9. Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...

Does factory reset not only resets all user data that I did the factory reset in, but all...: I'm planning to factory reset my pc but my roommate is also using this device and has an account on this device, will it also reset my roommate's user data?...
  10. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...