Windows 10: Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

Discus and support Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexflorin, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?

:)

alexflorin, Jun 16, 2021

2. Other Users-PW Reset

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user account and click on "Reset password"
    • Enter the new password.

You may also see the data of all the user accounts by following the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type ".." and press Enter key.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 16, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

1. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are... - Similar Threads - Does option keep

2. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  3. Reset Windows 10 but keep Data

Reset Windows 10 but keep Data: Hello everyone, I have my old laptop that I am trying to salvage. It looks like it has some registry data corruption and I've finally given up on trying to fix it. I do not have the recovery software anymore from when I bought the laptop. Therefore I do not also know what...
  4. my pc keeps resetting all data

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pc keeps resetting all data: my pc keeps reseting all data every time i turn the pc off or reboost it goes like if i just bought it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-resetting-all-data/a109dfac-51d9-4d50-bbb9-8608d83ff5db
  5. Does windows store all data in the user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows store all data in the user folder?: i'm going to switch to a diffrent OS and i'm wondering if all files i have saved in windows is in the user folder? If not were are other files located? submitted by /u/theaxeisbest [link] [comments]...
  6. Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data

Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data: I had installed an update that ruined my pc as it broke discord, and the settings app wont open. the emoji menu, paste menu and the windows speech to text menu win+h wont open. I partially fixed it with startup repair and settings opens. discord opens after a reinstall. But...
  7. Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files?

Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files?: I'm curious as to the answer to this question. I've seen lists showing which folders get removed and which ones are kept, but I can't see any information on whether files for applications not installed in Program Files (x86) or Program Files get removed as well. E.g. if I...
  8. "Keep your files" option of Windows reinstall didn't keep almost anything from users folder...

"Keep your files" option of Windows reinstall didn't keep almost anything from users folder...: I'm pretty desperate about this. Her laptop wasn't logging on, stuck at loading screen after password. Tried everything I could, and seeing no other option I just decided to reinstall Windows outright - picking the "keep your personal files" option, which is supposed to be...
  9. Switch users and keep all desktop items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch users and keep all desktop items: I took over the wife's laptop and want to keep everything as is but change user/account to me, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-and-keep-all-desktop-items/210a8e11-a08c-4305-b21f-05dd642f35ea
  10. Keeping computers and data safe from unauthorized users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeping computers and data safe from unauthorized users: [ATTACH] Join the discussion… [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] − [ATTACH] pieceagle • 3 months ago I am going to try legal to see if they know a good hacker that can find this person because I dont want anybodies life destroyed, − [ATTACH] John...