Windows 10: Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts?

Discus and support Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I appear to be getting a lot of spam email at the moment despite the best efforts of SpamBayes and Outlook 2013's own filters. I have disabled... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Morgan, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts?

Hello

I appear to be getting a lot of spam email at the moment despite the best efforts of SpamBayes and Outlook 2013's own filters. I have disabled options for the automatic sending of read receipts should they be requested but what about delivery receipts? Does anyone know if Outlook 2013 sends these or some sort of acknowledgement to the sender to say that I have received their spam messages?

If so, can this be disabled?

Thanks

:)

Mr Morgan, Sep 14, 2016

2. My Hotmail Acount is receiving messages but not sending them

Hi,

I can receive e-mails on my Hotmail account but I always get the error message below when I try to send them :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

This applies wherever I am sending the messages from e.g Outlook 2013 on my desktop, Windows LIve on my laptop or my mobile phone.

It looks to me as though my hotmail address has been blocked from sending e-mails as my wife's Hotmail account works fine on all the above media and so do our gmail accounts.

Can anyone explain this and help me to get my hotmail account working properly again ?

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Littlewood, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Paul.br Win User
    emails using outlook on Nokia Lumia 735

it sends ok as far as I can see, I have tried from my phone (windows nokia Lumia) and from outlook on computer and keep getting the following bounce back email:-

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed."

I am receiving emails ok just can't send

Paul.br, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts?

1. Does Outlook 2013 automatically send delivery receipts? - Similar Threads - Does Outlook 2013

2. Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update: Since the June/July Outlook update, I cannot Receive or Send emails from my Yahoo.com account. I have checked all the top level settings, however the last time this occured 9 months ago, the Microsoft agent reset some of the settings on a page I do not recognize or know how...
  3. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  4. Outlook 2013 connections...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 connections...: Outlook 2013 has eight email accounts setup, none of them are from Microsoft, that works just fine. Windows 10 v.1809 has no Microsoft accounts either, local UIDs only. Starting up Outlook, it connects the these URLs first: roaming.officeapps.live.com...
  5. W10 May update crashes Outlook 2013 at send/receive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 May update crashes Outlook 2013 at send/receive: I have been weeks now (6 calls) with multiple MS tech support reps attempting to correct this issue. No luck at L1 or L2 support. L3 scheduled appointment not kept today by MS and now case # floating around between L3 and L4. Is there any real help available?...
  6. Outlook 2013 freezing

Outlook 2013 freezing: Hi I run two computers one a pc and one a laptop both running windows 10 with the latest updates so both on the same version. I also use office 2013 (32 bit)on both computes My problem is if I launch outlook 2013 (Part of the office 2013) on the pc it runs just fine but on...
  7. Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply: I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I...
  8. Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP.

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP.: Outlook 2013 won't send email. Thunderbird does. Both have same SMTP. Any ideas? 11790
  9. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259